How did you think of your forum/battlelog nickname

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: How did you thought of your forum nickname

Post by undrt0w »

Silent Bob is pretty obvious. I was 14 at the time and i had just seen Jay and Silent bob strike back, so my teenage hormones were at their peak. Later when the bf3 beta came out, i thought it wasnt appropriate anymore, so i got the inspiration from a friend that uses a song from Tool as a nickname and went for Undertow, which is actually the only album i don't own on a physical copy.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_F-M6y ... ata_player[/YouTube]
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Dragon2796

Post by Dragon2796 »

I have always liked all sorts of fantasy, and dragons are usually the most powerful (You know, the "I'll eat your army whole" type :lol: ) and the numbers come from my birthday (27.6) and the year I was born (1996). People often don't believe that I'm only 16 :D (might be the fact that I'm around 6' 6" or 195 cm)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Well, my nick in many games is Jokerle

I used to be "EvilJoker" in a mafia-type browser game (cant remember the name, but was quite famous back in 2003/2004 ..)
In IRC a friend started calling me Jokerle a diminutive-form of Joker in german. I liked the sound and sticked to it.
Mixing an english word with a german-ish ending :D

Ever since I used Jokerle and it is most of the time available (not in Planetside2 arrrggg!!).
Another plus, it is easily and quick to type :wink:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

When I first started messing about on the net I wanted to make a name that was simple and unique, calloutman sounded kinda cool and returned no hits on google. That's as deep as it goes.

Thus the beast was born.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Calloutman wrote:When I first started messing about on the net I wanted to make a name that was simple and unique, calloutman sounded kinda cool and returned no hits on google. That's as deep as it goes.

Thus the beast was born.
It worked out well for you, being a FC, you call out your orders :P

Mine was actually my friend's name in Runescape in 4th grade, lol. His name was Yondergod, then we made an account that we shared named Yondergod2, then he quit playing (I wish I was smart enough to quit too, instead of wasting my life playing that shitty game :roll: ) and I kept playing for a while, so the name was pretty much mine so I kept it, since I'm not creative at all and couldn't think of anything else.
ImageImage
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

TheYonderGod wrote:
Calloutman wrote:When I first started messing about on the net I wanted to make a name that was simple and unique, calloutman sounded kinda cool and returned no hits on google. That's as deep as it goes.

Thus the beast was born.

Mine was actually my friend's name in Runescape in 4th grade, lol. His name was Yondergod, then we made an account that we shared named Yondergod2, then he quit playing (I wish I was smart enough to quit too, instead of wasting my life playing that shitty game :roll: ) and I kept playing for a while, so the name was pretty much mine so I kept it, since I'm not creative at all and couldn't think of anything else.
You were playing runescape for ever? i mean , you didn't play anything else ? Like i adapted my name from C&C ! (You can check previous comments to check the vid that i posted). but...nothing else ;_;?
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Thus the beast was born.
more like a puppy was born, in a good way! :P
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
TheYonderGod wrote:

Thus the beast was born.

You were playing runescape for ever? i mean , you didn't play anything else ? Like i adapted my name from C&C ! (You can check previous comments to check the vid that i posted). but...nothing else ;_;?
Unfortunately no, not really, I didn't play much else. I did make quite a bit of money, in relative terms considering I had/have no other source of income, from selling my account when I finally quit, and then just botting/gold farming after that though. My PC was a Pentium 4 with onboard graphics so I couldn't play anything else.. then I got an xbox 360 and played Halo Reach a lot, then I finally got a decent PC when my brother-in-law upgraded his and gave me his old one, just an am2+ Athlon X2, 9500gt, 4gb of ram, etc. But it was enough for me to start upgrading 1 part at a time: Phenom II x4->Gtx460->finally able to run bf3 now->Am3 mobo+8gb ram>HD7870>3570k+Z77 Mobo. Here's my finally finished (for now) rig: http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/3310659 :D Most of it was paid from Runescape botting. That was a long and unnecessary post, lol
ImageImage
BanzaiLang

Re: How did you think of your forum/battlelog nickname

Post by BanzaiLang »

BanzaiLang is a username I came up with to use for all my games so it would be easy for my friends to find and add me across several games I play.

Banzai in Japanese literally means "one thousand years" but when used in speech it can mean "Hurrah!" or "Long life!" I pretty much think of it as a shout of enthusiasm or celebration. Of course, among westerners it's mostly known as a battle cry. This just happens to fit my reckless playstyle seeing as how I (too) often charge into gunfights without thinking. :lol: And Lang is my actual name. :)
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

Okay, so here's the story behind my name :P

Many a day ago, I was idling a lot in the RPG-Channel (the ones where you all write a story and everybody plays their character, not, like, WoW or anything) of an IRC. There was one guy in there who randomly one day made up a religion based on cake (Mother Cake will drown the whole world in cake at the cake-o-calypse, but only the chosen ones will survive!), and I became a follower of that. Now, Kuchen is the German word for cake, and the -fari part comes from the Rastafari religion. Considering that my main nick at the time was Shadow, when I registered for BF3, I just went with my new one, due to the old one being taken a bajilion times. Since then, I've been using it all across the internets. :)
das_0pfer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by das_0pfer »

Mine is german and translates to the_Victim. When I first started playing shooters, I didn't even have internet at home. So I met some friends at an internet café and we played Counter Strike. I wasn't really good at it, and my K/D was below 0.5 all the time. So I figured, I was the victim of everybody else. Then, when Battlefield came out, things began to change because you didn't only get points for killing people. So when I play now on public servers my K/D may still suck but Iin 90% of the rounds I'm in the top 10.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

das_0pfer wrote:Mine is german and translates to the_Victim. When I first started playing shooters, I didn't even have internet at home. So I met some friends at an internet café and we played Counter Strike. I wasn't really good at it, and my K/D was below 0.5 all the time. So I figured, I was the victim of everybody else. Then, when Battlefield came out, things began to change because you didn't only get points for killing people. So when I play now on public servers my K/D may still suck but Iin 90% of the rounds I'm in the top 10.
Seems that you make other victims now :D

I have to admit i got many headshots cuz of ya, daaym :( Sthap shooting at meh!!!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

My original nick here at GC back in Oct of 2004 was " Chaplain". Figured I could at least counsel my brothers. Over the years it actually worked out that way but in 2005 i changed it to Winter Lion. After one of my favorite movies....."Lion in Winter". Watch it sometime.......it's a classic. Be forewarned...........there are no special effects. lol.
ImageImage
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Winter_Lion wrote:My original nick here at GC back in Oct of 2004 was " Chaplain". Figured I could at least counsel my brothers. Over the years it actually worked out that way but in 2005 i changed it to Winter Lion. After one of my favorite movies....."Lion in Winter". Watch it sometime.......it's a classic. Be forewarned...........there are no special effects. lol.
I think the next mac OSX will be called Winter Lion :lol:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

.Sup wrote:
Winter_Lion wrote:My original nick here at GC back in Oct of 2004 was " Chaplain". Figured I could at least counsel my brothers. Over the years it actually worked out that way but in 2005 i changed it to Winter Lion. After one of my favorite movies....."Lion in Winter". Watch it sometime.......it's a classic. Be forewarned...........there are no special effects. lol.
I think the next mac OSX will be called Winter Lion :lol:
Thank you .Sup. I am honored by your opinion.....lol.
ImageImage