global conflict video intro

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: global conflict video intro

Post by A Docile Sloth »

daskro wrote:I like the 2nd one, can I use it in my videos?
As far as I'm concerned yes but you may want to ask Styphon first as well as I think it's his voice (though I may be mistaken).

All the sound clips I used are here and Flummi's images are here.
BotoloLover wrote:I'm thinking that maybe "This is gonna be Live" is better than "This is Live", just because of the lenght. I don't know, it feels too short to me.
I made one with a "Ladies 'n' Gentlemen" just now but it is having issues processing on youtube...

EDIT: It finally finished:
Last edited by A Docile Sloth on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Kuchenfari wrote:I have to say, I'd prefer Styphon's energetic "This is laaaaaaaiv this is live!", cause the current one seems a bit boring =S
+1
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

Kuchenfari wrote:I have to say, I'd prefer Styphon's energetic "This is laaaaaaaiv this is live!", cause the current one seems a bit boring =S
Agreed. I'm a fan of the energetic live. It's what I looked forward to each battleday. :lol:
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I prefer the epic TA voice for now (one that sounds like a zombie). :) IMO if we want to use Styphon's or Rob's voices it should sound bad quality like an army radio, because perfect sound is bad.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

guys that energetic LIVE LIVE LIVE might scare innocent people off!
the videos that will be using it is not only for GC members who know our TAs, it should also sound good for outside people as well. we don't want them to roll their eyes right at the beginning of the video...
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Agree with hitman.... the voice needs to be less clear and almost in the background, behind the music.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Hitman47 wrote:I prefer the epic TA voice for now (one that sounds like a zombie). :) IMO if we want to use Styphon's or Rob's voices it should sound bad quality like an army radio, because perfect sound is bad.
Yeah this newest one sounds good to me, but this^.
A Docile Sloth wrote: EDIT: It finally finished:
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i find these two articles give a good example of music copyright laws and the deference between Germany and US laws.
Germans can’t see meteorite videos due to copyright dispute
Fair use gets a fair shake
need Sushi's comment, but i think that a three seconds music put into the intro vid will fall under the fair use, at least in the US.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Short of being Styphon's energetic live, is this more betterer?
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

I prefer the non-telephony version for clearer sound.
Róka

Post by Róka »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Short of being Styphon's energetic live, is this more betterer?
Yup, although I can feel I am asking for much, but I just picture like mortar bombs and war-ish background noise with radio communication saying "This is live"
ImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Necromancer wrote:i find these two articles give a good example of music copyright laws and the deference between Germany and US laws.
Germans can’t see meteorite videos due to copyright dispute
Fair use gets a fair shake
need Sushi's comment, but i think that a three seconds music put into the intro vid will fall under the fair use, at least in the US.
<sigh> I do see another discussion coming up - which I will cut off, even before it started. Fair use doesn't exist on a global basis. And in Germany for one the gc-vid would defiantly not fall under fair use - and honestly looking at the wikilink, I do not see it would under US-law either (I really do not want to discuss, as Fair Use doesn't exist on a uniform global basis.). Consequently we would have to look into the aspect, if a 3 sec. excerpt of a musical work can be copyrighted. Easy answer to that: if you recognize the music it is very likely it has reached a level of creativity that it is subject to a copyright. Consequence: lets not focus on the usability under one certain legal system and be on the save side: only use stuff we are sure, we can freely use "throughout the universe"- be it with citing the copyrightowner.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Róka wrote:
A Docile Sloth wrote:Short of being Styphon's energetic live, is this more betterer?
Yup, although I can feel I am asking for much, but I just picture like mortar bombs and war-ish background noise with radio communication saying "This is live"
I like that idea Roka! Sloth it's good, if you can add those noises it will be perfect!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I think the current "This is live" sound is too prominent. It should be part of a general background noise as Sloth says. I'm actually not even sure we should have someone speaking intelligibly during that time, it distracts from the logo and will cause people to make judgments based on our voice acting. Better to keep it simple and clean, IMO.

Keep in mind that whatever you put there has to be viewed over and over and over and over again. Even the smallest, most infinitesimal little thing wrong will eventually get really annoying and be your total focus. None of us are voice actors and while we all love to hear Styphon's or Rob calling live, I'm not sure it's going to stand the test of time.
ImageImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

could we have a version with music overlay to see how it works together?