global conflict video intro

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: global conflict video intro

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Róka wrote:Yup, although I can feel I am asking for much, but I just picture like mortar bombs and war-ish background noise with radio communication saying "This is live"
I'm trying to find decent mortar, explosion and machine gun sounds that are public domain to do this but I am struggling. If anyone has any or knows where some are PM me a link or something. I'll keep looking in the meantime.
StarfisherEcho wrote:I'm actually not even sure we should have someone speaking intelligibly during that time.
Made this in a few spare moments yesterday, may be more to your liking:
EDIT:
Managed to get some sounds.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Hey, guys! I just did some intros with some free music and would appreciate any feedback. Just so we can have the GC intro ready for everyone to use before C5 starts. :D

I personally liked #2 more, but if you guys didn't like any of them I can look for some more music.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

not sure. =S

what about just having no music (like everybody is doing it now) or some BF3 noise in the background (similar to Badger's stuff)?
Róka

Post by Róka »

Kuchenfari wrote:not sure. =S

what about just having no music (like everybody is doing it now) or some BF3 noise in the background (similar to Badger's stuff)?
Like how I have been doing it since we started this thread:
http://youtu.be/JbXUA0efb7Q
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Kuchenfari wrote:not sure. =S

I would prefer it with some background sound but I think it's quite good without it also. The problem with BF3 sounds is copyright.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

no Roka, I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvht4v-NJIw
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

or just leave it up to the uploader to choose the sound he wants (like what is obv happening atm)? I think that's the best option.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Hitman47 wrote:or just leave it up to the uploader to choose the sound he wants (like what is obv happening atm)? I think that's the best option.
Yeah, I should have been clearer, you guys can use whatever you want for the intro in your personal videos. This was more focused on the videos for the official channel. But I guess I should take this discussion to the GCTV members. Thanks for the feedback anyways. :)
Róka

Post by Róka »

Kuchenfari wrote:no Roka, I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvht4v-NJIw
Yeah, that's what I was shooting for when I explained it would be nice if someone had the sound editing skills for it/found a sound effect to use:
Róka wrote:Yup, although I can feel I am asking for much, but I just picture like mortar bombs and war-ish background noise with radio communication saying "This is live"
But until then I'm using the BF3 noise and static effects I made myself 8)
ImageImage
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Róka wrote:
But until then I'm using the BF3 noise and static effects I made myself 8)
Like this?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Like this?
That's quite good, Sloth! :)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

If I didn't knew "LIVE" announcements I would have no idea what the voice (silly Rob) is saying. Maybe its just me but its hard to distinguish what he is saying.
Róka

Post by Róka »

By the Gods. lol I happened to revisit the C3 GC Trailer when I noticed the sounds at the end (go to 2:30) http://youtu.be/EAngFbXuX3g. Thanks LoA! :lol: That's kind of what I had in mind with the background noise, I'll try playing with it (starting it with the radio click and perhaps speeding up the sounds).
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »