global conflict video intro

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: global conflict video intro

Post by undrt0w »

@Roka thx a lot for the nice tut.

@Flummi i am using Windows Movie Maker...i will try with and if not, i will get SonyVegas.

here is a nyan cat for thx

Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Róka wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote:You should be able to import them as an image sequence in most video editors. I don't know which one you're using so i can't help you with that. Once we got the sound sorted out, there will be a proper video.

About sound, what are we doing? Who's doing it?
I have no sound editing software so I can't do it, but the idea is to have Robawillis, .Sup, Shrapnel, or one of the usuals who does the best announcement of "THIS IS LIIIIIIVE THIS IS LIIIVE" and then make it so it has a more middle-of-battlefield, static/broken radio transmission, war-tape sound to it, and have that play with the intro.
You might want Styphon for that, his live live live is a little more enthusiastic and louder than mine but yes its either me or Styphon that do that not Sup or Shrapnel
Róka

Post by Róka »

Robawillis wrote:
Róka wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote:You should be able to import them as an image sequence in most video editors. I don't know which one you're using so i can't help you with that. Once we got the sound sorted out, there will be a proper video.

About sound, what are we doing? Who's doing it?
I have no sound editing software so I can't do it, but the idea is to have Robawillis, .Sup, Shrapnel, or one of the usuals who does the best announcement of "THIS IS LIIIIIIVE THIS IS LIIIVE" and then make it so it has a more middle-of-battlefield, static/broken radio transmission, war-tape sound to it, and have that play with the intro.
You might want Styphon for that, his live live live is a little more enthusiastic and louder than mine but yes its either me or Styphon that do that not Sup or Shrapnel
Sorry, got that mixed up. :?
ImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

Robawillis wrote:
Róka wrote:I have no sound editing software so I can't do it, but the idea is to have Robawillis, .Sup, Shrapnel, or one of the usuals who does the best announcement of "THIS IS LIIIIIIVE THIS IS LIIIVE" and then make it so it has a more middle-of-battlefield, static/broken radio transmission, war-tape sound to it, and have that play with the intro.
BUMP.
Yeah, is there anyone that could arrange this?
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

here are some "lives" i've extracted.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

4 and 5 should work .... do we have a "not live, not live" for the end sequence of the trailer?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

why would we want a "not live" in the end?
the trailer shows a live round.
as the screen goes black at the end, sound a "one restart then live" to give it sort of open ending.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

cool with me also
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

some more free music:

https://machinimasound.com/

it has some epic scores that imo fit nicely with GC halo!!!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I checked with their licensing conditions, we would need their premium license which would be $ 35 bucks.

Let me use this opportunity to ask for the following: whatever music you guys feel like using, make sure you remember where you take it from and run the license terms by me. A "free" enduser license might be limited to certain usages and not cover what we need to incorporate it in a new works. Also there might be some obligations to name the author that need to be followed.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

sushi25 wrote:I checked with their licensing conditions, we would need their premium license which would be $ 35 bucks.
Are you sure about that? I'm not a lawyer but I couldn't see anything in their conditions that would mean we'd have to use the premium license. CC license
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

sushi25 wrote: Also there might be some obligations to name the author that need to be followed.
Make it a habit to always always always name the author, even if the license might not demand it (rarely). Its just good practice.

non-premium should be fine as long as we follow the condition (attribution).
Premium would non require that. (It also seems that there is premium-only music in this dimension volume)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

sorry, but no. If you read the standard license terms it says:
you are free to download the music and to:

Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Remix — to adapt the work
Monetize — to make commercial use of the work
Only within the premium license you are allowed to:

2) The contents may be used, altered, and incorporated in your audio/visual work.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

you are free to download the music and to:

Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Remix — to adapt the work
Monetize — to make commercial use of the work
That is the quick read for lazy internet folks.

In the respective CC license it states about adapt
"Adaptation" means a work based upon the Work, or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, adaptation, derivative work, arrangement of music or other alterations of a literary or artistic work, or phonogram or performance and includes cinematographic adaptations or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted including in any form recognizably derived from the original, except that a work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

It is more complicated, and maybe I misread, but for me it says: you can use my music in your youtube videos if you give credits for the music.
Agree?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

sigh, I will read through the CC tomorrow, but to me it is for other usages and not the incorporation in a film - it is to adapt for example a book, a screenplay to a film. Will post more tomorrow.