History of GC.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Snow1Wolf

History of GC.

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Is there a, um history of GC somewhere around here? We know a lot about the origin story(at least I heard a lot), but not so much of anything in the middle. Duke mention something about a "deserted" status during BC2, what happened then? A little of history of our TAs? How did they come to role of TAs? Who's the longest participating present member??

Where are the Senators? I've only seen BUMMIES from time to time(literally, twice).

(I am a huge history nerd, I am sorry.)
P.S. (May I get the rights to GC archives, I love history, and writing random craps, I would love to write a brief history of GC if TAs permit)
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Re: History of GC.

Post by Cheesy »

This is a great time to remind everybody that you can join the Archives group any time you want to see all our old forums. Just go to http://global-conflict.org/ucp.php?i=167 and add yourself to the Archive / Historian group.

As for the rest, I know our war correspondents have been doing some interviews with old farts to get their GC stories. And Arcturus is working on something pretty cool. Hopefully they all release this stuff soon!
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Oh, frak. I hate you Cheesy. I joined the group and like 50 new subforums appeared. Now I'm too curious to not read them all, and too busy with exams to do it. Damn.
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Its nice to see at least one person will be intrested in our upcoming Weekly...
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

a short overview of GC campaigns from BF2C3 until now:

C3: Yob vs. Redman in a very balanced campaign that ended in a draw. I came in about half way through, and hey I'm still here now 7 years later!

C4: Gribble vs. WoodenPlank in a complete blowout by Gribble's army, where all ranks were based off of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

C5: ColonelHogan vs. Xrcist in a campaign that I missed due to hardware failure. I think X won, but again I missed the whole campaign while I had to replace my vid card and a bunch of other stuff.

C6: Stonie vs. Xrcist initially, due to some things that happened that are above my pay grade to talk about there was a change in leadership on X's side (honestly I still have no idea what truly happened, nor do I really care at this point). Another very balanced campaign and probably my favorite one that we played here.

C7: Iceman vs. Von_Kreig. Due to a group draft imbalance it ended in a blowout for VK's army, and also lead to the current stance GC has on groups being drafted today.

C8: Stonie vs. Cheesy in what was a very balanced campaign but had some...let's say issues within stonie's army when it was more handed off to the rest of the HC. Ask Rob, Styphon, myself, or many vets about it some time. I won't go into detail here because there isn't enough time in a day to explain the whole situation verbosely in a forum.

C9: Kevanova vs Madcow in a shorter campaign, I honestly don't remember too much from this one. Membership started to get lower here.

C10: Duke vs. Rob maybe? I have trouble remembering this one other than I was leader of the behind the lines spec-ops squad of hand picked people. Numbers still decreasing.

C11: Total_Focus_Haz vs. I have no idea because their forums are no longer in the archive. I remember using some mod, but numbers were really low at this point and I don't even remember the outcome.

C12: .Sup vs. VK, used the WW2 mod Forgotten Hope 2 for BF2, remember struggling to get 12v12 in people at times.

C13: Brummie vs. Goggles IIRC. Don't remember much from this one other than it being the last gasp of breathe for BF2.

BC2: Chef vs. Styphon in the only BC2 campaign, where the armies were based off of the muppets (chef) and Dr. Evil from Austin Powers (Styphon). Chef's team won.

and it was at this point there was kind of a hiatus of all things GC until bf3 started coming around. Some website work was done, etc. etc., and I learned that my old laptop wouldn't handle the BF3 alpha, so I basically canned all hope of playing in GC until I built my current desktop in april and joined back midway through BF3C2, and am now taking a break to finish up my bachelor's degree. The archives hold more detailed information about most of these campaign, but as stated some of the archive is incomplete.

As for older information, well you'll have to ask some of the truly old farts around here like sushi, winter_lion, cheesy, and brummie.

looking forward to that new weekly, you guys do a great job and I love the old stories :mrgreen:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died