RC plane to the edge of space

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

RC plane to the edge of space

Post by Calloutman »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBnurznFio[/youtube]

I used to fly RC planes a few years back, this has made me consider digging out my old glider and giving it a bit of a spin. Incredible footage.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
BlooDRaptoR1

Re: RC plane to the edge of space

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Calloutman wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBnurznFio[/youtube]

I used to fly RC planes a few years back, this has made me consider digging out my old glider and giving it a bit of a spin. Incredible footage.
it's truly amazing!
I loved it.

Is it hard to control?
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

That's pretty awesome.

You didn't happen to fly with LMFC did you? Cos then that would be REALLY weird...
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

amazing view.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
Calloutman wrote:I used to fly RC planes a few years back, this has made me consider digging out my old glider and giving it a bit of a spin. Incredible footage.
it's truly amazing!
I loved it.

Is it hard to control?
Not too hard, you just have to understand a little about aerodynamics to not have a massive accident.
A Docile Sloth wrote:That's pretty awesome.
You didn't happen to fly with LMFC did you? Cos then that would be REALLY weird...
Haha crazy, did you fly there?
I did check out the club a few times, but I kept on turning up with these scratch-built planes on horrendously underpowered electric engines- my budget at the time was pretty much zero. They never really fit in with the petrol driven powerhouses they had over there, and as I was building/designing my own planes... they kinda went wrong a lot of the time :lol:. The club kinda felt really professional (I don't think they wanted my planes polluting their airspace either lol) and so I pretty quickly switched to gliding at beacon hill and then Bradgate park when I discovered it.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke