BF 4 - Official 17mins HD gameplay video.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

thallus

Re: BF 4 - Official 17mins HD gameplay video.

Post by thallus »

Looked Sweet to me.

Hopefully they bring back more of the field command tools of BF2. The map the video was on look a lot like Gulf of Oman.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Dude, that 2 aims rocks! U can have a distance scope and use ur iron sights, that's cool crap!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Hmmm... XBOX 360, Playstation 3 are still around k:bad:. However, "Deluxe" edition seems to be PC download only at the moment. No sign of next-gen consoles, although it was clear from the PS4 reveal that the game will be out for those as well.

Hardware Partner: AMD :)
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

No nuke this time around? suprised.

Looks good, but as said before sp is not that important. M4/m16 still has the stupid fast reload tho.
Funny to see the same models and even the white van make a return and the havoc's gunner was probably flummi :lol:

Im dissapointed it will be fall 2013 instead of spring 2014, but oh well
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Im still claiming for a .50 cal sniper rifle.
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:Dude, that 2 aims rocks! U can have a distance scope and use ur iron sights, that's cool crap!
This. That's sick how you can shoot like that and still be accurate. I don't know much at all about guns or fps so that kind of blew my mind.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

BanzaiLang wrote:
BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:Dude, that 2 aims rocks! U can have a distance scope and use ur iron sights, that's cool crap!
This. That's sick how you can shoot like that and still be accurate. I don't know much at all about guns or fps so that kind of blew my mind.
I really like it to but bumbs me that it was already there in COD MW3
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Yeah, it really sucks. I can't believe DICE copied CoD with the dual optics. The gaming industry is going down hill. Nobody is creative anymore, and it really shows when you have 3rd, 4th, and 5th iterations on stupid games that the developers never finish. Come on. Sun glare and blue tint? I'm not wearing a freaking ski goggle here. They ruined everything! I should have stuck with pokemon and my gameboy, because this stuff is all crap.

*popcorn*
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Chemical2 wrote:I really like it to but bumbs me that it was already there in COD MW3
So? Does a good idea get less good when someone/something did it already? COD by no means invented that...
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Well they're not really copying COD when it comes to dual optics, they're both just running off the latest HSLD fad as the civilian world finds out about it. It would be the same as if they had implemented flip-up BUISs or allowed you to use CQB sights available for most optics. Some like my trusty old Elcan have CQB sights built into the body even.

It would be cool if they built something into hardcore-mode where optics can be damaged, making the use of 45* or over-the-top sights a potential necessity.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

I agree with flummi here, its not like COD invented dual scopes, theyve been in use by the military for a while.
It seems like a cool addition to the game, and Im looking forward to trying it out ^^
KILLERCANKILL

Post by KILLERCANKILL »

expandas wrote:Yeah, it really sucks. I can't believe DICE copied CoD with the dual optics. The gaming industry is going down hill. Nobody is creative anymore, and it really shows when you have 3rd, 4th, and 5th iterations on stupid games that the developers never finish. Come on. Sun glare and blue tint? I'm not wearing a freaking ski goggle here. They ruined everything! I should have stuck with pokemon and my gameboy, because this stuff is all crap.

*popcorn*

BF4 dint copy COD by using Dual scopes, they are a normal part of today’s gun’s. Dual scopes have been around in real warfare for sometime now and COD was just the first one to pick that up. They need to make some “changes” between the 10 COD games that come out every year. It’s actually good that DICE are adding that feature as that will add another level of strategy. Sun glare is a reality as well, so leaving that in was a good choice. Blue tint is more of a design choice so can’t really comment on that, it’s not a deal breaker. Overall quite impressed with the trailer, they dint go far from the strong gameplay of bf3 but are focusing on improving the engine and overall experience. BF3 is already an amazing game so changing the formula too much for BF4 would have been a bad option.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Chemical2 wrote:I really like it to but bumbs me that it was already there in COD MW3
So? Does a good idea get less good when someone/something did it already? COD by no means invented that...
Thats why i say i like it. And i ain't sying that its not a good idea but i would like to see more originality..

Oh and wow 4 times the same text ^^
BF3
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Wow, so much cynicism in this thread. I don't plan on getting BF4 at launch unless they put some key features into the game (namely Occulus Rift support or dinosaurs). Their pricing for BF3 was incredibly aggressive, the game was on sale for $40 within a couple months of release and there's a good chance BF4 will be the same. However, there are so many points here that I've heard so many times that seem so silly to me. I don't intend to start arguments, but I feel some of this bears further discussion.
Hitman47 wrote:...they decide to continue with a COD-like campaign where the player is degenerated into a "push the button at right moment to continue the movie" machine...
During the Sweden premier yesterday, one of the creative directors answered a question regarding quick time events and claims they've been eliminated in BF4. If this isn't what you meant and just dislike the linear game play of this type of SP campaign, I would just ignore it like most BF players intend to do.
LoA wrote:We've yet to see BF4's multiplayer, and I really hope it's not just gonna be BF3 with better graphics. New vehicles, proper squad leader tools (like BF2), commander and battlerecorder.
I believe commander and battle recorder have both been all but confirmed. I don't have a source, but I would be very surprised if either of these were omitted from BF4.
Chemical2 wrote:Since it looks like bf3 it might feel like just made for the money...
Dice is owned by EA who is a publicly owned company. They are legally bound to pursue profit. To suggest the company isn't making a game for money is foolish. I've seen this sentiment so many places and I'm still astonished every time I hear it. For those who are claiming it's too soon for a new Battlefield game, just take a look at the series's timeline. It's simply not feasible to create new engine for each new title. Working with a familiar engine should, theoretically, mean a more refined gaming experience. Even if BF4 looks very similar to BF3, the effort spent working on the game should mean it plays better.
dan1mall wrote:that guy is a terrible shot, jesus christ.
But yeah pretty much what everyone else is saying, just looks like a bf3 expansion pack to me.
As with every other single player demo I've ever seen, the player is demonstrating different mechanics and is recording for an audience instead of playing for themselves. If they had a high tier player snapping to enemy's head and quickly moved through the level, it would likely be nauseating for most of the audience and would not adequately demonstrate the features that were no doubt on a checklist of things to show off in the demonstration.

Also, we know what expansion packs for BF3 looks like, there are 5 of them already. While graphically similar, what little was shown in the video is quite different from all of these. I'm sure you were simply commenting on the graphical fidelity being on par with BF3. We still know nothing about MP and next to nothing about SP. If you prioritize graphics above gameplay, that's fine, but to judge the game before actually seeing what new mechanics it might have to offer seems very premature.
Chemical2 wrote:
BanzaiLang wrote:
Others have already commented on this, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it. Borrowing good ideas to improve your project does not depreciate the value of the idea. Would you rather they didn't include hybrid sights in order to distinguish the game from COD?

As for me, I wish them the best for BF4. I don't think I ever finished the campaign in BF3 as it was simply too bland and couldn't keep my attention. If they think they can improve the SP experience and actually make it worthwhile, more power to them. I enjoy SP games just as much as I do MP. If they can include a good experience for the same amount of money, awesome! I don't think their effort detracted much from BF3's MP, so I doubt it will in BF4.

They've had 2 years to refine BF3 MP. Now they have the opportunity to add more gameplay mechanics which arguably should have been in BF3 to begin with. Not having to work with a new engine means they can spend more time on being creative and less time on debugging. If they don't have a good number of new gameplay elements, I'll be very surprised and highly dissapointed. I would really like to have in game VOIP on PC, but we've managed without it so far, so I won't be too upset if it isn't in BF4.

P.S.- If you right click on BF3 and click "Show Game Details", take a look at the expansions section. Battlefield 4 beta access for Premium members? I think this confirms it. ;)
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

There came more cynicism...
zorplex wrote:
Chemical2 wrote:Since it looks like bf3 it might feel like just made for the money...
Dice is owned by EA who is a publicly owned company. They are legally bound to pursue profit. To suggest the company isn't making a game for money is foolish. I've seen this sentiment so many places and I'm still astonished every time I hear it. For those who are claiming it's too soon for a new Battlefield game, just take a look at the series's timeline. It's simply not feasible to create new engine for each new title. Working with a familiar engine should, theoretically, mean a more refined gaming experience. Even if BF4 looks very similar to BF3, the effort spent working on the game should mean it plays better.
''Made for the money'' as in it looks the same so they didnt change anything and didnt put much time in it.. they just want there money. In my opinion it is good they didnt change it too drasticly but i am afraid alot of people will hate on it like people did with the later CoD series.
Chemical2 wrote:
BanzaiLang wrote:
Others have already commented on this, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it. Borrowing good ideas to improve your project does not depreciate the value of the idea. Would you rather they didn't include hybrid sights in order to distinguish the game from COD?[/quote]

I already said this before so i don't know why you are repeating it for the fifth time.
Chemical2 wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Thats why i say i like it. And i ain't sying that its not a good idea but i would like to see more originality..
BF3