Can I trust GameStop with Pre-ordering?

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Re: Can I trust GameStop with Pre-ordering?

Post by Hgx »

Necromancer wrote:Hgx, maybe your credit card company is happy to give away your money to whoever asks for it.
Here, credit card companies are a little bit more responsible.
in case your credit card gets stolen and is used in a suspicious way (large purchase, out of region/country, or large bill) a representative from the company will call you immediately to verify that you did the purchase. And if not, the credit card company simply blocks the money transfer. the store takes the hit since they swapped the card without verifying the card holder's identity with an ID card, as required by law.

With credit card purchases on the internet, you need to log into the credit card company website after purchasing something, where you'll see a request from that site to charge your account. Until you authorize the charge via the credit card company website, your account won't be charged and the money won't be transferred to that site.

using and loosing your credit card here is pretty safe...
It doesn't work 100% like that in my case.
Yes they call me (When I first bought a game on steam, they called instantly) but this card has been used not only to buy all kinds of things, but has been also used outside the country multiple times.

Anyways, Im buying it from a BR site that MrBlue provided for me, I just have to wait to receive the paypal verification number.