BlackIce's Last Post?

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: BlackIce's Last Post?

Post by Calloutman »

There are loads of GCers who are at college (just graduated myself), it's doable although it does require some decent time management skills. Hopefully see you around and it's been great playing with you :)
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

He said having a decent PC becomes a more serious issue than having time.

hmm sending an international parcel for about 18 Euro, is that expensive?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

if you can convince the cashier that its not a parcel but an envelope you should be able to send it for like 3 euros + tracking.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Necromancer wrote:if you can convince the cashier that its not a parcel but an envelope you should be able to send it for like 3 euros + tracking.
what envelope safely holds a motherboard and a GPU? :D
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Bubble wrap + large bubble wrap envelope for the mobo.
Same thing but a smaller envelope for the GPU, and tell her to mark it as fragile. should be good enough.
you'll need to pay for each envelope seperately though, and if you don't have/can't find you'll need to buy the envelopes as well.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Necromancer wrote:tell her to mark it as fragile. should be good enough.
:|
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I've sent PC parts internationally no problem, including to the states, but I do it inside cardboard boxes. Standard bubblewrap (esp those already in jiffie bags) is not electrostatic protective and doesn't really do much as a the primary impact defence. Ship PC parts inside a decent fit cardboard box, try to keep them in an ESD Safe bag and contain that in some form of bubblewrap. This applies for anything bar a mobo, which is a bit awkward considering the size.

I've sent quite a lot of things internationally. One of my favourites was sending a copy of BF2142: Deluxe Edition to a friend in Denmark. I also included a tied up condom with some bannana yoghurt inside because why not?
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Gwynzer wrote:I also included a tied up condom with some bannana yoghurt inside because why not?
Was that the one he opened in front of his family?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

No, that one is one of my friends that lives in the states. He was telling me about how he liked this girl at his work and started telling me stories of what she would do when around him etc. From what he said it was fairly obvious that the feelings were mutal, and I made a comment to him about making sure to have protection, and he said he'd have to sort that out.

A few days later he tells me about how he went to a gas station super late at night, and he was the only customer, and was going to buy some condoms while fueling up. He ended up getting all embarrassed and ended up not buying them, despite the fact the transaction was with a person he'd probably never see again as he specifically went to a different gas station than normal, and the person at the till was totally disinterested and wouldn't have gave two monkeys anyway.

I find the fact that he was to embarrassed to get condoms absolutely hilarious of course, however he was a friend and it was within my means to help him out by buying him a tin of 48, I did not let him know it was coming.

A few days later, I get a message from him. He got this box, marked as from me (and he's actually met me, he should know better!) and decided "lets not take this to my room and open it in private, I'll open it here in front of my dad" (who is a pretty funny guy and I'm sure would take any opportunity to embarrass his son). Of course, his dad quickly realises what the box is, and my friend gets extremely embarrassed and flustered, before managing to make his escape.

Just imagine, you're too embarrassed to buy Johnnies from a random fuel station, and then receiving a monster box through the mail and having your dad there while opening it. I was originally going to send him a joke "tiny condom", to arrive first as a joke before the real package, but the shipping time was going to be, like, 28 days so I decided not to. I'm glad I didn't, the reaction I got from him receiving the real package was the best :D
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

great story! :lol: :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Gwyzner, you are a dangerous enemy, and an even more dangerous friend.
ImageImageImage
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

NP, look at cheesey.
he went to college and came back alive to GC after few years.

remember, we'll always have karkand (12 hrs in a row).
phpBB [video]