So, who else was disappointed by Dexter?

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

So, who else was disappointed by Dexter?

Post by Bock »

Granted, it's been downhill since the dramatic climax of Season 4, but Season 8 was a whole new level of suck for a television series, and the ending didn't really do anything for me. There were just so many possible storylines, loaded with potential, over the last couple seasons that they either ignored or tied up in some uninteresting, too convenient/implausible kind of way. And then there were all of the new characters and pointless storylines that they decided to introduce/re-introduce. Masuka's daughter? wtf...

I wanted to watch the final season because the first several seasons got me hooked and I had to see where they went with it, but really, it felt like a chore.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: So, who else was disappointed by Dexter?

Post by haruky »

I think the show went downhill after season 1..

I haven't watched Dexter ever since I discovered Breaking Bad but I did watch up till S4. Also, never forget treadmill child.

EDIT: actually, season 2 was pretty good!
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

never thought it was anything special and didn't understand the hype around it, so I guess I was disappointed from the first episode I saw from season 1.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

The Mrs and I finally watched the series finale and we were both, like, WTF?!

We enjoyed the show and started watching during S4 or 5 (can't remember exactly because...), but we watched all the previous episodes thanks to Comcast's OnDemand...so we watched all the episodes.

And the ending Totally Sucked! Words fail to describe how disappointed we were/are.

The Vogel angle was interesting but the entire season felt like a mishmash of ideas loosely tied together. It was like the writers learned the series was ending mid-season.

And then Michael C. Hall couldn't even get the Dexter stare correct at the end. Sheesh!