I need to vent

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: I need to vent

Post by undrt0w »

Just to mention that my grandfather's brother has chronic depression too. He is over 65 well and kicking. Living in Bulgaria during communism I don't think he had access to good medication or treatment...but still!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Sorry i haven't responded to anyone, i was in a mental health clinic for a while. Turns out to be a little worse than I imagined. I have Major Depressive Disorder. Doctor explained how certain parts of my brain that handled "hope", "interest in life", and "motivation" never really fully developed. Anyways, im now on a medication that should hopefully repair that.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Glad you were able to get help man!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I'm rooting for you Ceki! :thumbup:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Get beter!
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

I'm glad you got help. Good luck to you!
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

CekiHappy wrote:should hopefully repair that.
It's already working!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

This is great! I hope you get well soon :thumbup:
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

lol, so for the meds im on (Bupropion XL), one of the common side effects is.... depression... nice
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

CekiHappy wrote:lol, so for the meds im on (Bupropion XL), one of the common side effects is.... depression... nice
We like a good dose of irony lol
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Róka

Post by Róka »

CekiHappy wrote:lol, so for the meds im on (Bupropion XL), one of the common side effects is.... depression... nice
Every medicine has that unfortunately. And trust me, after taking biochem you'll learn a lot more about medicines in general, but it's the up-side that usually works and is worth the try! Really glad you actually got the help too! <3
ImageImage
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

So it's been over two weeks now, and I don't feel any different. Right now im not super depressed, but I know when it hits, it'll hit hard. I don't know what to do with myself, but I have a serious question. Some people just can't be helped right? Science has only come so far, what if there's nothing anyone could possible do to help me? Would it be so wrong to just disappear and stop wasting everyones time and efforts? I don't think it would. I know, this is just the depression talking, i recognize that. But how could I possible stop it. I don't know what to do.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I'd give it another two weeks. I have also been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder as well as some other things. My meds took a month before they seemed to start working. If they still aren't working then you should talk to your doctor about getting the dosage upped. I eventually stopped having to take mine cause I felt my life had improved. I still have days were I don't see the point in it all but thankfully they are far less common now a days. I hope one day you too can get to that point as well.