World Cup 2014: QUARTERS.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: World Cup 2014: QUARTERS.

Post by mrBLUE9 »

People have different reasons to root for different teams, there's no right reason. Argentina is playing a defensive football because it has limitations on the midfield and on the defense. I would much rather be on the final, playing ugly, than being out, hammered 7-1 by Germany because our coach thought having an offensive formation was a good idea. Plus, I see beauty on a good defense, if you can only enjoy goals and attacking football you are missing other aspects of the game.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

haruky wrote:
RazY70 wrote:
undrt0w wrote:Really happy for Argentina though!!
Explain please. Why on earth would you be happy for the team which displayed the most boring, defensive, uninspiring and other bad superlatives I can't think of at the moment?
Maybe because he supports the country? If America or Korea played a bad game, but still won, I'd be ecstatic.
This and the fact that I don't support Holland...and they also didn't play well.

On the Germany part, you sound like the Romans watching the Gladiators. I am sure the 90% of Brazilians at the stadium were super ecstatic for that gang rape and really happy for their money. Yeah, rules schmules....sometimes common sense is needed. By that I am contradicting myself since football players aren't the smartest of people. Yeah, I get it there is adrenaline and the fact you are smacking one of the best teams right in the face and you wanna butt kick them as well, but still....just thought it's an overkill. The goals were beautiful though.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

LET'S DO THIS

Hashey

Post by Hashey »

According to a poll done today Flummi, about 3/4 of the dutch people will be cheering for that little boat now, including me.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

mrBLUE9 wrote:People have different reasons to root for different teams, there's no right reason. Argentina is playing a defensive football because it has limitations on the midfield and on the defense. I would much rather be on the final, playing ugly, than being out, hammered 7-1 by Germany because our coach thought having an offensive formation was a good idea. Plus, I see beauty on a good defense, if you can only enjoy goals and attacking football you are missing other aspects of the game.
This guys knows. History will remember who won, not how (depends cof Codesal cof :twisted:)

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

undrt0w wrote:
haruky wrote: Maybe because he supports the country? If America or Korea played a bad game, but still won, I'd be ecstatic.
This and the fact that I don't support Holland...and they also didn't play well.
Takes out all the fun out of watching a game, but to each his own I guess. Why not skip directly to penalty shots and save us 120 min of watching the grass on the pitch grow.

Reminds me of EURO 2004. It was so agonizing to watch.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I... I'm so sorry mrBlue..
Image[/url]
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

We are playing bad again, but I think the score won't be as bad as the Germany match (hopefully). David Luiz has absolutely no clue on what he's supposed to do on the field, never saw a CB be on the attack so much.
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

So sad about todays match. Definitely thought they will be able to at least get the third place for the fans and the country.

I think a world cup is a must in 2018 for Brazil.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

phpBB [video]
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer: k:beer:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Yay Germany!

Should've been NL vs GER though instead of this 9 man defense team!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

phpBB [video]
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Battlefield Tournament History