GC Secret Santa!

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

GC Secret Santa!

Post by haruky »

Hi everyone!

It's that time of year once again! The holidays are right around the corner and it's another jolly time to be festive and buy lots of things you don't need!

In the spirit of all that jazz, I wanted to set up a Secret Santa event for the GC community!

If you're interested, sign-up below on the form. We'll match you up and send out their Secret Santa information via GC PM!

Please make sure to ship out your gifts by December 19 at the latest so that they will arrive in time for Christmas. The sign-ups will remain open until December 8. Match-ups will be sent out the following day on December 9. Again, PLEASE make sure to check your PMs that day!

When we PM you your match-up, please take a look at their interests and whatever information they left you so that you can gift them something they're into. The suggest spending at least $20 for your Secret Santa!

Upon receiving your Secret Santa gift, please share a Thank You note to your Santa along with some photos in the thread!

If you have any questions concerning the GC Secret Santa, please voice your questions below or feel free to send me a

Gwynzer has generously offered, once again, to help me out in this event. So you can also direct your questions to him!

I believe this is the first time we've done a Secret Santa event in GC, so please bear with me and the rest of the community as we move forward with this! Gwynzer and I will do our best to make sure this moves as smoothly as possible for everyone involved.

Thanks for reading all of this! I hope that we get a lot of sign-ups! Please spread the word to fellow GCers! Happy Holidays, everyone!!!
Last edited by haruky on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/url]
Hypol33t

Re: GC Secret Santa!

Post by Hypol33t »

How about online gifts ? As in games and such.
BF4 C3
BF4 C4
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hypol33t wrote:How about online gifts ? As in games and such.
I spoke with Gwynzer about that, and we think it'll really be a last resort if someone is unable to send out a gift in time. However, there are always exceptions and I'm sure we can work something out.

In any case, if you ARE interested in sending an online gift, feel free to sign up anyway and mention that in the form! We'll keep it in mind. We want as many people to participate as possible, so the more the merrier!
Image[/url]
MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by MONGO_abaday »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nix

Post by Nix »

^ in tune with the Christmas spirit I see..
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Sounds like a great idea!!!
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Calloutman wrote:Sounds like a great idea!!!
I wish I had posted this sooner! Next year, I'll make sure to get this up and running in November :mrgreen:.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

We've got a few sign ups!

Let's keep it going!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hey everyone,

Just hopping in as a reminder that this is the last weekend to sign up! After this weekend, the sign ups will close! They close on Monday the 8th.

Again, if you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Sign-Ups are closed!

PMs will be sent in the next hour to those who have joined this year's Secret Santa. Please make sure to keep an eye out for your inbox! There weren't a lot of sign-ups, but I hope that it's really fun for those who joined up.

I'll give everyone their Secret Santa information but make their GC name hidden. It'll be a surprise! So please make sure to reveal your GC name in the present somehow!

Thanks for those who participated and I look forward to seeing everyone's gifts!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

PMs have been sent out and are ready to go!

If anyone that signed up cannot participate for whatever reason, please let me know quick so I can figure something out for the person you were matched to.

Thanks everyone!
Image[/url]
MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by MONGO_abaday »

Thanks Calloutman for the lego star wars Jedi Interceptor it will go nicely on one of the many empty sills in my house
It was quite fun building it lol.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Nice space ship MONGO! :)

I have had a nice set of packages too!

Thanks to MONGO I have a sweet windup torch/charger for my next camping trip, and my Christmas is now filled with C&C games against CalloutWoman! :)

BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Snappel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Snappel »

Thank you, haruky, for the Enterprise bottle opener and Falcons lighter! I put away my fair share of beer, so the bottle opener is amazing and I've never owned a Zippo before and the Falcons are my favorite NFL team, so that's awesome too! These were excellent gifts and I'm very happy with them. :D

http://imgur.com/5w9naDQ
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I just got back from Korea and finally got to open up my Secret Santa present! Thanks Snappel for the awesome metal puzzles! I'm going to keep it a surprise as to what they are until I finish building at least one of them. They're tougher than I thought they'd be! Never played with 3d Metal Puzzles before.

Thanks!

In any case, I hope that you guys had fun doing this. Still haven't heard back from 2 others that were part of it, but hopefully they got their gifts and everything ended up good!

I'll make sure to post this earlier next year so that everyone has a chance to participate and get involved.

Anyway, Happy New Year!
Image[/url]