Judge each other by phone homescreen.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Judge each other by phone homescreen.

Post by haruky »

@Fields: Nah, I'm not currently learning Japanese! it's just the default icon for Google Translate. Also, your background.. is that a photo you took? Where is that??

Going by your homescreen, you seem to lead a functional lifestyle and you're interested in staying healthy!

@Jokerle:
You're a pretty organized fellow! You've got your calendar that shows you snippets of your day, layout is pretty clean, and I'm guessing you commute quite often? (Fahrplane in google gives me "time table" which I'm guessing is bus/train schedule.. Also, your current status in life requires you to translate things quite a bit. Meaning you're in a foreign country. (though, you pretty much tell us that in your comment..)

@Danimall: Big fan of aircraft. Everyone knows this and you want to make sure anyone who doesn't, will! You have no icons covering up the photo of the beautiful fighter. Anyone who picks up your phone will immediately know of your love for aircraft. You also prioritize communication! I'm guessing you have two groups of friends. One that uses Kik and another that uses Whatsapp. Both apps are things you frequently use. You also put entertainment as a priority on your phone. All in all, you're someone who likes functionality, but also has an appreciation for appearances.

@Tea-Assault: You're a goofy guy not afraid to show off his goofiness! Given that you have GuitarTuna, Shazam, and your Music app on the home page, I'd have to say that you enjoy music. I also think that you enjoy learning! (iBooks, Podcasts, Tips, Guitar Tuna).

Also, I think you tend to be a little disorganized too. Your apps are all over the place! I would have expected Battlelog to be next to Teamspeak. And not have 1336 unread emails.

@Sloth: You live an uncluttered life! You only use what you need and cut off the excess. While doing this, you are also many years behind on the latest technology. But you have no complaints! You keep trucking on.

This is all for fun. I hope no one takes offense to my post..
Image[/url]
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Damn, Haruky! Do you work for the CIA? :lol:
Spoiler: show
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Haha, no. That's just the default WP that came on the phone. I'm not really a super health concious person, actually; 20k steps is a typical day of work for me. I have dropped like 80 lbs (36 kg) since 2013, though. :D

Actually, the #1 thing I'm concerned about from day-to-day is the weather. I probably check weather 10 times a day lol
You missed the most important thing, though. I still talk too my friends on AIM :lol:
Nix

Post by Nix »

I'll contribute to Haruky's CIA career.

Homescreen
Lockscreen
Because helicopters. take that dan1mall

@Fields 80lbs? holy crap. I'd die if I lost that much :lol:
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

@mrBlue: You really like to keep track of the weather. You've got a weather notification on the status bar and the weather app right on the home page! Considering that you have Yelp right on the front page, my guess is you like to go out a lot. You want fast access to reviews of places you're thinking of going and want it to be available right at home. You're also a money guy! You've got the Santander Bank app right one the home page. You seem like you'd be responsible with your spending habits. I also noticed you have a Hangouts app and Whatsapp. My guess is you use Hangouts for people locally and WhatsApp for international texting. (I really only knew this since I know you're in the States..)

@Nix: My guess is that you have a 9-5 job. Your 12% battery life at 9:46pm indicates that you don't get home till evening time and you just haven't had the chance to start charging your phone. You also like to keep updated on the latest news which explains the Twitter and Fox News apps on the home page. You also seem to be relatively organized. You've got all your functional apps at the top, and your social/entertainment apps toward the bottom. The Compass app tells me that you are also an outdoors person. You need to know which direction you're going wherever you may be.

The lockscreen lets me know that... well you're into attack helicopters. Possibly a military buff?

@fields: Woah.. 80 pounds!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!
Image[/url]
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

I too shall contribute:
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

King6moh wrote:I too shall contribute:
Is...is that you? 8)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

@Haruky So true about the disorganisation, and I'm definitely goofy haha! I also do enjoy learning, that's what I'm doing at Uni atm :) Also the reason why I have 1336 unread emails is that I have two emails that use Gmail, but one of them is a dump email for subscriptions and website signups and the other is my uni email which never goes a single day without being read.

Also Yeah I really enjoy my music, I'm teaching myself guitar at the moment and have been trying to sing and play "Radioactive", might post it if people want to see :P
the end is really fµcking nigh
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I'll play.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

haruky wrote:I'll start!
That's very similar to my homescreen a few years ago- sunset from an airplane. But we have great views from planes in the PacNW and that's where I find myself often...
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Jokerle wrote:
King6moh wrote:I too shall contribute:
Is...is that you? 8)
Let's go with maybe. k:angel:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

@king6moh: My first thought was that you're a student. This thought mostly comes from your background. People that are students tend to have photos of beautiful/sexy women/men as their homepage wallpaper. I'm going to take a very wild stab and say you're a fan of Amber Heard.. Secondly, you're a pretty organized guy. You have even a Sleep app right on the home page to help you stay on scheduled with everything. All in all, you like things down to the point and dislike clutter.

@Bock: Simple. Clean. You only have what you need on the home page. You don't mess around. You're not one for using your phone as an entertainment device. You use it primarily to get things done. It's a tool! It also looks like you use Google Voice. I'm guess you don't want people to know your real phone number. Do you use Craigslist a lot to purchase/sell items? Or maybe you spend a lot of time having to meet strangers? It seems like you have an appreciation mechanical technologies. Or just technologies in general.

@cancelman: Is that Mt. Baker? I think it is. You've got an appreciation for the grand things of nature. Given the layout of your home page, you prefer function over form. There are 5 pages on your home screen, but you probably don't use all 5 that often, but prefer to have it there just in case. You also really like the google ecosystem. You have Google Wallet, Gmail, Picasa, Drive, Calendar, and Maps right on there. Oh, and of course hangouts and Chrome. In any case, your life is in all those apps and they're quite necessary for you on a day to day basis. Also, considering the amount of photo related apps on the page, I'm guessing you take a lot of pictures over time and drop them into your Google Drive?
The swissarmyknife also tells me that you use your phone as a utility a lot. Just like Bock. Compass, flashlight, ruler, etc.. Guessing you work a lot in the outdoors or building things?
Image[/url]
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Seems you are the oracle.
haruky wrote:...
The swissarmyknife also tells me that you use your phone as a utility a lot. Just like Bock. Compass, flashlight, ruler, etc.. Guessing you work a lot in the outdoors or building things?
You forgot the most important utility function of modern phones: bottle opener :lol:
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

@Haruky You're half right. I don't spend a lot of time playing around with my phone. It's a Moto Razr M which was almost a year old (and thus cheap) when I got it. Most settings are default, including the background, which looks cool enough to not bother changing. But no, I don't use google voice.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Nailed it Haruky. Damn. 8O