GC StarCraft 2 tournament! - UPDATE WITH SIGN-UP SHEET

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

GC StarCraft 2 tournament! - UPDATE WITH SIGN-UP SHEET

Post by haruky »

UPDATE:

SIGN-UP SHEET HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JtwrQ9 ... ested=true

Hopefully, we can manage to get AT LEAST 16 people. And if we get more players, I'll up my game and put in a decently big prize for the winners.

Here is a sign-up sheet for everyone to sign up on: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JtwrQ9 ... =send_form

Please feel free to get friends involved. I respectfully request that you don't invite people who are extremely good for the sake of everyone's enjoyment and fair chances during the tournament. By extremely good, I'm referring to players who have been consistently in Masters.. or GM...league for the past several seasons. There will probably be a skill gap between a lot of players since we're not holding any qualifications, but in any case, please join and invite others and I'll do my best to make this as fun as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarCraft HotS tournament!

Does anyone still play this game and would anyone be interested in doing a single elimination tournament for StarCraft that’ll take place over the course of a few weeks?

I’ve been playing this game like mad recently and I’m always interested in some friendly competition with everyone.

Basically, if you play StarCraft 2 (with Hearts of the Swarm) and understand it enough to play a normal game, you’re welcome to join! And as usual, there will be a prize for the winner of the tournament. Depending on the number of players and how competitive it is, the prize might range from any game you want from the Steam library, a selection of games from my personal digital library that I’ve not yet redeemed, or something else! There’s a huge range of possibility here depending on you guys! The participants!

Now, what I’m thinking is, depending on the number of people, a round of 16 or 32, with random seeding. It’ll be single eliminations using a best of 3 series. The semi-finals and finals will be a Best of 5. I would also try and set up some live commentary for the games too.

Is anybody at all interested in participating? I don’t know how many StarCraft players we have, but I just thought I’d put this out there.
Last edited by haruky on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC StarCraft 2 tournament!

Post by Fields »

YESSSS :clap:

OMG, what about that old custom map where observers could troll or help players? :lol:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:YESSSS :clap:

OMG, what about that old custom map where observers could troll or help players? :lol:
Ahaha. No troll observers...!!

Youre also welcome to invite friends and family that may be interested as well.
Image[/url]
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

havent played in ages, but I wouldnt mind playing some ^^
KaptenKarp

Post by KaptenKarp »

I can play some :3
BF3:C6 PFC - S.C.A.R.
BF4:C1 LT - Soviet
BF4:C3 CPT - LN7
nx-jojo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by nx-jojo »

havent played for ~2 years - probably even more. would be fun though. i'll try to fit it into my schedule.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Suhweet! Some interested people!

Hopefully, we can manage to get AT LEAST 16 people. And if we get more players, I'll up my game and put in a decently big prize for the winners.

Here is a sign-up sheet for everyone to sign up on: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JtwrQ9 ... =send_form

Please feel free to get friends involved. I respectfully request that you don't invite people who are extremely good for the sake of everyone's enjoyment and fair chances during the tournament. There will probably be a skill gap between a lot of players since we're not holding any qualifications, but in any case, please join and invite others and I'll do my best to make this as fun as possible.
Image[/url]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC StarCraft 2 tournament! - UPDATE WITH SIGN-UP SHEET

Post by RazY70 »

haruky waiting for the sheep

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I'm waiting. I'm going to cry if I don't see at least 10 people by the tonight...
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Where were you two years ago with this1?!

Can't play but had a weird hankering for SC2 the other day. ugh. No HoTS, no time to play :(
ImageImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Where were you two years ago with this1?!

Can't play but had a weird hankering for SC2 the other day. ugh. No HoTS, no time to play :(
I actually think HOTS is free as long as you don't play ladder.. ACTUALLY: http://www.ibtimes.com/starcraft-2-here ... ly-1291275

NO EXCUSES STAR...
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

WE GOT TWO SIGN UPS. Well. Three including me.

C'mon guys!
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Signup or I'll find you.
NoOneZa

Post by NoOneZa »

I bought it when it came out and it ran like crap on my really old machine - never really ended up playing it, have had a hankering to check it out again on my new one so this could be fun.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Total of five people thus far. :( Probably won't be happening. But I might revive this once LOTV comes out.
Image[/url]