Travel to Europe. Have some questions..

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Travel to Europe. Have some questions..

Post by Jokerle »

haruky wrote: Given that London isn't on the continent, how easy is it to travel to and from London?
It is easy. There even is a tunnel to the brits.
You can travel by train from London directly to Paris for examples (look for Eurostar train). You can take a ferry to northern France. You can swim across. You can fly to pretty much anywhere in Europe, even many smaller airports.

The ferry is a bit boring :wink:

Entering/leaving UK by air always has crowded customs, I would minimize those.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

With regards to flights, they can often be cheaper/faster than the trains when travelling long distances around Europe, but especially to/from the UK, see easyjet, ryanair, flybe. http://www.skyscanner.net is your friend here. You can search for flights to whole countries rather than just cities, which is good for Europe where countries are pretty small.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Tbh, I think its better if you take planes for longer destinations. I mean its ok to catch a train from UK to France but as you go further down (west or east) it would make more sense. Unless you have a lot of time to spend of course.

If you decide to visit Greece tell me and we can figure out something. I am half Greek and although I live in Bulgaria (the country north of Greece) I might come down to visit you...I could talk to my parents for crashing at our place.
The financial crisis can cause troubles if there are strikes. Since you probably won't be visiting any islands, the chance of getting stuck on a Greek island is slim but then again the airport also strikes from time to time. I don't know....all in all there is a potential risk.

Prolly, visiting Bulgaria will not be on your list but if you ever decide to come (or anyone else for that matter) you are more than welcome to crash at my place.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

@Undert0w, that would be so generous of you!

Everyone's suggestions have been really helpful thus far. I think I'll be making a final decision by the end of the month as to what my destination will be. A friend of mine plans to join me, but if he does join me, we will most likely be visiting Asia since he lives in that area and it will be easier for him.

I think I'll find out by end of month about this.
Image[/url]
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I hear Brazil is also a beautiful country to visit! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just kidding, Europe is way more worthy of visiting.