[Netflix OS] Starting with Lilyhammer

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

[Netflix OS] Starting with Lilyhammer

Post by Róka »

Wanted to start a thread on some good, original series on/by Netflix. Since we brought back TCF this campaign I thought I would go ahead and mention "Lilyhammer" (also "Lillehammer"). It's about a mafia man that takes a deal with FBI and starts a new life in Norway. Go watch it 'cause lolz. Or if you've already watched it or are watching it feel free to post on here!
ImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Netflix OS] Starting with Lilyhammer

Post by Gwynzer »

So this thread and immediately thought there was some surprise announcement about netflix announcing a new operating system. For the best viewing experience. or something.

Currently watching The Returned. It's pretty good so far, but nothing amazing.

I've been told that Sense8 is fraking fantastic, even if it's confusing as hell for the first few episodes.

I really enjoyed The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's not particularly "good", but it's one of the best "sit and watch in any state of mind and get at least some level of enjoyment" light comedies I've seen.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

The Mrs and I are always looking for good, interesting shows to watch.

We're currently watching Supernatural. And I hate to admit it, I'm caught up in the drama.

We both liked The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt too. And I agree with Gwynzer's assessment: not 'good' but also not 'bad'.

We'll have to check out Lilyhammer and Sense8. :thumbup:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I've watched all of OJ is teh new Black, and I still can't really tell what it's trying to do half the time. I really enjoyed it, but I can't tell if I'm expected to laugh or feel bad for the characters sometimes. Still, very entertaining.

Loved unbreakable kimmy. What could you expect from what is essentially a 30 rock reunion? :thumbup:
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Gwynzer wrote:So this thread
Your accent's leaking ^^

Git aut mee wey!

What season are you up to on Supernatural? I remember being bullied into watching it but at certain point I facepalmed a bit too hard.

I would recommend Mr Robot to anyone that hasn't seen it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

From the first episode you'll be able to tell if it'll be your style or not, I've yet to meet someone that didn't like it.

Also True Detective Season 2 is out.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

ViperXVII wrote:
Gwynzer wrote:So this thread
Your accent's leaking ^^

Git aut mee wey!

What season are you up to on Supernatural? I remember being bullied into watching it but at certain point I facepalmed a bit too hard.
We just started. We're watching Season 2 ATM.
I would recommend Mr Robot to anyone that hasn't seen it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

From the first episode you'll be able to tell if it'll be your style or not, I've yet to meet someone that didn't like it.

Also True Detective Season 2 is out.
We like Mr Robot too but it's on regular cable tv and advertisements/commercials blow big chunks..

The Mrs got into OJ is the new Black; me: not so much.

Haven't see any of the True Detective shows, any season.
Nix

Post by Nix »

I haven't heard/seen any of these shows.

Damn I'm boring.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Haven't started Season 3 yet of OITNB but I agree with Fields. It's funny and you're laughing but you still have this feeling in the back of your mind regarding their fate.

I have heard Sense8 is pretty good but then falls off later on. Might have to see it to believe it.

True Detective is awesome. Season 1 and season 2 have nothing to do with each other so I highly recommend watching season 1 fully or start with season 2!

Might check out Mr. Robot and Supernatural!
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Spoiler: show
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:I've watched all of OJ is teh new Black, and I still can't really tell what it's trying to do half the time. I really enjoyed it, but I can't tell if I'm expected to laugh or feel bad for the characters sometimes. Still, very entertaining.

Loved unbreakable kimmy. What could you expect from what is essentially a 30 rock reunion? :thumbup:
I think your sig is still the best sig in all of GC.

As for TV shows, True Detective has been really good this season. I strongly recommend it. The first and second seasons don't connect, so you don't have to have seen the first one.

I haven't seen any Netflix Originals except for some documentaries and OITNB (which I really enjoy). I also watched season 1 of House of Cards, but my interest sort of fell off. :(
Image[/url]