GC MEET UP LONDON 2K16 MAY 28TH

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC MEET UP LONDON 2K15 NOV 14TH

Post by CaptJagermeister »

knorren wrote:
CaptJagermeister wrote:
A Docile Sloth wrote:As an educated guess:

Tea, Jager, Jokerle, Gwyn, Rob
You guessed most of them correct but I'm the one in the middle with Jokerle on my left
On your left in the picture but actually on your right, correct? :lol:
Jep that is correct
CrookedBarrel wrote:I see you've gone with a classic Dutch look, Jäger.

;P
I've been rocking that look for the last 2 years man :lol:
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

haruky wrote:Seeing this post really makes me want to do a GC USA meet up.. Why no high-speed rail system, USA??
What we really need is a meetup in Canada so ya'll can enjoy some beavertails and poutine.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

haruky wrote:Seeing this post really makes me want to do a GC USA meet up.. Why no high-speed rail system, USA??
Flying domestically is cheap :)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Thx for organizing the meeting Tea and the rest for showing up.
Was nice seeing the faces to the voices. I did some great sightseeing alone on Saturday and with Jager on Sunday.
But now I am bankrupt, next meeting please somewhere more affordable. :P

i also found this...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gwynzer wrote:
Flying domestically is cheap :)
It depends.. It'll still cost a couple hundred bucks minimum to travel between states. For example, going from WA state to CA state will be about $150-200 round trip. :(
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Ye, I imagine that's what most people here had to do as well. That's why ideally these things get planned plenty of time in advance so everything can be booked earlier and cheaper. :)
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gwynzer wrote:Ye, I imagine that's what most people here had to do as well. That's why ideally these things get planned plenty of time in advance so everything can be booked earlier and cheaper. :)
I thought domestic flights in Europe were a lot cheaper cus of Ryanair and some other budget airlines there? Is it not?? Hm..
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Maybe. At the same time I took a ton of super short notice flights (usually day of or day before) when I was in the states a few years ago and I felt that things were probably just as cheap as flying here would be, if not cheaper (for the mid-decent airlines at least)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

haruky wrote:
Gwynzer wrote:Ye, I imagine that's what most people here had to do as well. That's why ideally these things get planned plenty of time in advance so everything can be booked earlier and cheaper. :)
I thought domestic flights in Europe were a lot cheaper cus of Ryanair and some other budget airlines there? Is it not?? Hm..
Depends a lot on the route and time of year.

I paid slightly over 250euros for the Brno-London round trip (with checked bags). Getting it for 150-200 euros might be possible if you get a lucky offer. (i also paid extra for a seat next to the emergency exist to have more room for my long legs)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haruky wrote:
Well I mean $150-$200 round trip isn't that bad when you start considering distances. The main problem with an NA meetup is just the spread of people, from that alone very few are going to have that cheap of a flight. Take this past London meet up, joker was the farthest traveled at roughly 640 miles/1030 km by plane (assuming teamspeak flags are real and no layovers), which is just slightly shorter than Seattle to San Francisco or NYC to Chicago. It's a much bigger logistical problem than EU people have to deal with.

Taking myself as an example, I'd have to drive roughly 150 miles just to get to a serviceable airport, then a flight from said place to say Chicago (which is roughly similar to a flight from London to Frankfurt) would run me upwards of $350 for the round trip just for the flight. Not quite as easy as you yurop folks have it :P
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

It also helps that London is a hub city, and doesn't just have Heathrow (which flies everywhere) but also like 4 other airports so it's pretty much always possible to get a direct flight.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

matsif wrote: It's a much bigger logistical problem than EU people have to deal with.
Yes, yes, we got it... now do it nonetheless 'murica. :P
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Jokerle wrote:
matsif wrote: It's a much bigger logistical problem than EU people have to deal with.
Guys. Let's do this. Let's do a GC orgy.
Image[/url]
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

haruky wrote:
Jokerle wrote:
Guys. Let's do this. Let's do a GC orgy.
When and where?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: GC MEET UP LONDON 2K16 MAY 28TH

Post by Gwynzer »

Hey All,

Just checking for interest on this: how we feelin for a meetup on the 28th this month? Before committing to actually doing anything, lets see how many people can make it.

Anyone who wants to come in early/leave late, I'm happy to host peeps and pick up/drop off people from Heathrow on the Friday-Sunday and you can stay at my place.