GC Secret Santa 2015! - Get your gifts? Share with us!

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: California

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015!

Post by Ash2Dust » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Shipping adds up quick with distance. From California to New York ground, 3 pounds is about $19. From California to Quebec, 3 pounds is about $26 dollars. Made up the 3 pounds to get an idea.

Anyone have any experience using Amazon.com (or maybe purchase on Amazon.ca) to try free shipping from US to Canada? I'd rather put more into a gift with free shipping if its out of state and at that point would like to include Canadians.

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 pm
Location: England :(

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015!

Post by Gwynzer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:24 am

Ash2Dust wrote:Anyone have any experience using Amazon.com (or maybe purchase on Amazon.ca) to try free shipping from US to Canada? I'd rather put more into a gift with free shipping if its out of state and at that point would like to include Canadians.

I've used Amazon.com to make use of free shipping to the US from the UK. Not only that but the Prime trials are/were different per zone, so I got free prime on US Amazon for a month :D
Image

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015!

Post by haruky » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:51 am

Ash2Dust wrote:Shipping adds up quick with distance. From California to New York ground, 3 pounds is about $19. From California to Quebec, 3 pounds is about $26 dollars. Made up the 3 pounds to get an idea.

Anyone have any experience using Amazon.com (or maybe purchase on Amazon.ca) to try free shipping from US to Canada? I'd rather put more into a gift with free shipping if its out of state and at that point would like to include Canadians.
Woah.. What shipping service are you using? I've never had to pay that much for domestic shipping. I usually use USPS who have really good rates. FedEx and UPS tend to be a bit more on the expensive side. (USPS Flat Rate shipping is pretty great).

As for Amazon shipping, I'm not quite sure. But it seems Gwyn got you covered on that question!

Also, we've still got two weeks left now!
Image[/url]

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: California

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015!

Post by Ash2Dust » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Gwynzer wrote: I've used Amazon.com to make use of free shipping to the US from the UK. Not only that but the Prime trials are/were different per zone, so I got free prime on US Amazon for a month :D
Sweet.
So use whatever Amazon region website to get free shipping to that region?
So I could use the UK Amazon website and ship free to UK people?
This would open up a lot of options such as is there a Euro Amazon or is it each country?

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 pm
Location: England :(

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 2 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by Gwynzer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:11 am

Amazon is generally good to ship around Europe anyway. Depends where.

It was a few years ago since I took advantage of this. It may have changed. I know for certain things now Amazon.com requires a US registered credit card, but I'm not wure how much for.
Image

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1.5 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Good morning everyone!

We've still got 1.5 weeks for sign-up. We currently have 8 people right now!

Also, I just saw Seraphim's post.. did not see it since it was on page 1... oops. Here are the sign ups so far!
  • haruky
    CaptJagermeister
    FIELDS
    InsanityRocks
    o1oo1
    SeraphiM0352
    Gwynzer
    MONGO_abaday
Image[/url]

o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1.5 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by o1oo1 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:18 pm

YES, do it for sextoys
Image

Snappel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1.5 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by Snappel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Didn't catch this until just recently. Last year was fun! Looking forward to this year.
Image

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1.5 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Snappel wrote:Didn't catch this until just recently. Last year was fun! Looking forward to this year.
Glad to have you back!! Now we have 9 people! Can we get to 16 this year?!
Image[/url]

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1.5 Weeks left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Okay guys. One week left! We're still a bit off and need AT LEAST one more person to make the numbers even. We're at 9 at the moment!
Image[/url]

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1 week left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:23 pm

EXACTLY one week left to sign up!
Image[/url]

MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: SW England

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1 week left for sign up!

Post by MONGO_abaday » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:54 pm

haruky have a quick pester on teamspeak to try and drum up a couple more people :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1 week left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:23 pm

MONGO_abaday wrote:haruky have a quick pester on teamspeak to try and drum up a couple more people :)
I thought about making a Teamspeak channel that says GC Secret Santa and putting info in the description, but I don't have any TS permissions to do it.. Can someone do this for me?? Might be a little late at this point.. but we still haven't got that 10th person!
Image[/url]

A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: Somewhere where you aren't.

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 1 week left for sign up!

Post by A Docile Sloth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:10 pm

haruky wrote:I thought about making a Teamspeak channel that says GC Secret Santa and putting info in the description, but I don't have any TS permissions to do it.. Can someone do this for me?? Might be a little late at this point.. but we still haven't got that 10th person!
It hath been doneth! GL getting your 10th!
Image

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 am

Re: GC Secret Santa 2015! - 2 days left for sign up!

Post by haruky » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for doing that Sloth!

Unfortunately, we're still at 9. There are still a couple days left to sign up!
Image[/url]

Post Reply