So, what have you been up to?

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: So, what have you been up to?

Post by haruky »

A Docile Sloth wrote: At least 5 times in 2 countries. Get it together NA peeps.
...I'm.. I'm not j..jealous at all! :( :( :(
Image[/url]
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

I've been playing Eve Online. I played 1 week of BF1 and kinda got bored. I miss your dank memes Ceki.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
V_

Post by V_ »

Yep, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Peeking in the forums, hardly anything going on. :/

Frankly, I've come to respect and desire the same kind of communication and coordination of =GC= as all my games. I do a lot of Dota 2 and Overwatch, and it's actually really hard to find people who don't want to just screw around. To me, the fun of any videogame comes from playing well - but I think I'm preaching to the choir here.

I'd be down to get together with games outside of Battlefield, however. Bock and I play Dota sometimes, and I've noticed a few already mention Overwatch. I think it'd be a fun challenge to come up with a GC-style system for either of these games; something outside the box.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Yeah, that's probably a fair assessment. Doing my PhD in astrophysics/astronomy looking at star formation in other galaxies. It's pretty fun.
Nice :) Pretty pictures all day then.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

BlackIce wrote:I think it'd be a fun challenge to come up with a GC-style system for either of these games; something outside the box.
I know a lot of players don't play RTS here, but I always thought organized 4v4 CoH could be entertaining. I normally HATE 4v4 cus of its absolute chaos, but ionno. GC 4v4 sounds fun.
Image[/url]
Róka

Post by Róka »

BlackIce wrote:I'd be down to get together with games outside of Battlefield, however. Bock and I play Dota sometimes, and I've noticed a few already mention Overwatch. I think it'd be a fun challenge to come up with a GC-style system for either of these games; something outside the box.
We can try just running some tournaments using game modes like the 3v3 elimination :idea:
EDIT: honestly, 5v5s could deffo be fun, too
ImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Róka wrote:
BlackIce wrote:I'd be down to get together with games outside of Battlefield, however. Bock and I play Dota sometimes, and I've noticed a few already mention Overwatch. I think it'd be a fun challenge to come up with a GC-style system for either of these games; something outside the box.
We can try just running some tournaments using game modes like the 3v3 elimination :idea:
EDIT: honestly, 5v5s could deffo be fun, too
I'd love that actually. Or maybe we can even do some 5v5 on CSGO. I know there are a few of us here that play that game quite a bit.
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Since our last campaign I've moved down to England for a new job. Not much to say about it except I'm actually fairly happy instead of being completely miserable. I'm am hour away from Heathrow Airport in in London so I'm always happy to say hello to GC peeps, and anyone visiting the UK is more than welcome to stay at mine.

In terms of organised stuff, as Sloth started to mention Tabletop Simulator is surprisingly fun. My company has a group that gets together to play board games every week and almost all of them are available for Tablesim, and we end up doing something on it almost every friday, and sometimes on a saturday and sunday too.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gwynzer wrote:Since our last campaign I've moved down to England for a new job. Not much to say about it except I'm actually fairly happy instead of being completely miserable. I'm am hour away from Heathrow Airport in in London so I'm always happy to say hello to GC peeps, and anyone visiting the UK is more than welcome to stay at mine.

In terms of organised stuff, as Sloth started to mention Tabletop Simulator is surprisingly fun. My company has a group that gets together to play board games every week and almost all of them are available for Tablesim, and we end up doing something on it almost every friday, and sometimes on a saturday and sunday too.
:o are the people we played with last weekend, your coworkers?
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

We should do some organized mini tournaments! Anything to get people playing together again. Gratz on the new job Gwyn, great to hear that you're happier. :thumbup:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:We should do some organized mini tournaments! Anything to get people playing together again. Gratz on the new job Gwyn, great to hear that you're happier. :thumbup:
I might set something up in the coming days. I don't know what people play lately. Anyone want to chime in? All I play is CoH.. I think CSGO is something that's played pretty frequently by most.

I could try setting up a CSGO tourney for GCers?
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

haruky wrote:
Fields wrote:We should do some organized mini tournaments! Anything to get people playing together again. Gratz on the new job Gwyn, great to hear that you're happier. :thumbup:
I might set something up in the coming days. I don't know what people play lately. Anyone want to chime in? All I play is CoH.. I think CSGO is something that's played pretty frequently by most.

I could try setting up a CSGO tourney for GCers?
Good idea Haru; I could vote for CSGO, but I'm absolute crap at it lol. Maybe overwatch as well.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Id be down to play something overwatch or CS:GO related. Im terrible at the latter, but idm