EA & DICE suck dick (changed from 'abandoned us')

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: EA & DICE suck dick (changed from 'abandoned us')

Post by matsif »

Róka wrote:Progress.
What was mentioned as "looking into" from the December patch notes on have been confirmed. At this point, all that's missing from GC standards is round-restarting (does anyone know for-sure that this isn't possible any way? we're not overlooking any hidden effect behind updating a rented server's map rotation list or something?) and multiple admins.
unless they change something, the only way to change the map list is to go into the server settings and change the map list and how the rotation is set, and then it's supposed to update when the map swaps over to the next map in the rotation. there's no way to control round restarting or direct map swapping in any way, nor has EA/DICE ever mentioned it, nor have they even acknowledged that it was a question people had. until they state otherwise the functionality simply doesn't exist. until it or some other way to swap between maps directly exists, the game is dead in the water for our use.

multiple admins, well I believe there's other posts in the thread about that, but I view it as a must have as well. if we ever wanted to use the server publicly it's definitely a must have, not that we would as last time I looked into things custom servers were basically impossible to actually get populated and play on.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

Well how about a mini Bad Company 2 or BF3 campaign?

I'm sure most people still have them lying around or if not they can be picked up dirt cheap now.
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
V_

Post by V_ »

Th30ne wrote:Well how about a mini Bad Company 2 or BF3 campaign?

I'm sure most people still have them lying around or if not they can be picked up dirt cheap now.
I don't think we ever solved the Gun Glitch error from BF3, which completely killed the game. But I'd be willing to give it a shot, if there are admins available to make it happen.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
KaptenKarp

Post by KaptenKarp »

What about Arma 3?
BF3:C6 PFC - S.C.A.R.
BF4:C1 LT - Soviet
BF4:C3 CPT - LN7
Róka

Post by Róka »

matsif wrote:
Róka wrote:Progress.
What was mentioned as "looking into" from the December patch notes on have been confirmed. At this point, all that's missing from GC standards is round-restarting (does anyone know for-sure that this isn't possible any way? we're not overlooking any hidden effect behind updating a rented server's map rotation list or something?) and multiple admins.
unless they change something, the only way to change the map list is to go into the server settings and change the map list and how the rotation is set, and then it's supposed to update when the map swaps over to the next map in the rotation. there's no way to control round restarting or direct map swapping in any way, nor has EA/DICE ever mentioned it, nor have they even acknowledged that it was a question people had. until they state otherwise the functionality simply doesn't exist. until it or some other way to swap between maps directly exists, the game is dead in the water for our use.

multiple admins, well I believe there's other posts in the thread about that, but I view it as a must have as well. if we ever wanted to use the server publicly it's definitely a must have, not that we would as last time I looked into things custom servers were basically impossible to actually get populated and play on.
Private servers with password functionalities in upcoming update - can do unranked. Multiple admins as well. Platoons/tags are coming at the same time, too.
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Can they do round restarts? Is it finally happening? 8O
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Surely they will find a way to f u c k this up. :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Can they do round restarts? Is it finally happening? 8O
everything I've looked into in my sleepless delirium still leaves round restarts as a subject that dice continues to refuse to even acknowledge the existence of, and indirect sources in the BF forums are saying the option is dead. separately, people are also stating that DICE will no longer allow full server restarts, as things seem to happen on map change and thus giving us the ability to restart the server (which was necessary for script changes) is apparently no longer needed. although I can't find DICE sources to either of those claims, just claims from active BF forum users that probably follow things closer than most. DICE is probably expecting us to just change maps to do anything. could possibly make it work via the map voting system, but I'd have to look into the RSP closer to tell, which would require me actually buying the game, which isn't going to happen.

why? BF1 is already sub-30k player peak on PC. this is worse than BF4 going into the BF1 launch, which was at roughly 40-45k peak, and we struggled to refresh our numbers then. the game's dead and even with these features making into an update I doubt it brings enough people back to care, especially with new quake, UT4, WW2 COD, and other games on the horizon that are becoming popular. then you'll have battlefront 2 leeching players later this year, the list goes on.

as originally hypothesized, the game's going to be dead on PC by the time this all gets settled out to be usable, by which point we'll already have a new BF game coming out and BF1 isn't going to get any real support.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Róka

Post by Róka »

matsif wrote:why? BF1 is already sub-30k player peak on PC. this is worse than BF4 going into the BF1 launch, which was at roughly 40-45k peak, and we struggled to refresh our numbers then. the game's dead and even with these features making into an update I doubt it brings enough people back to care, especially with new quake, UT4, WW2 COD, and other games on the horizon that are becoming popular. then you'll have battlefront 2 leeching players later this year, the list goes on.

as originally hypothesized, the game's going to be dead on PC by the time this all gets settled out to be usable, by which point we'll already have a new BF game coming out and BF1 isn't going to get any real support.
I struggle to see why you always use global player count as a means of deciding to buy the game, or even to judge its quality, especially when so many people here claim to have bought the last 3 Battlefields solely to play with GC. I have never had difficulty finding a server to play in, and that's with my server browser filter set to very specific settings I always find ~150 full 64-player servers I can join (and that's obviously only the ones that are currently loaded before I keep scrolling down; and with private/passworded/unranked servers hopefully bringing more). I also have never seemingly seen the same players twice across different play sessions, so it's not like every time I play it's with the same 63 people - not even across the entire lifetime of playing the game. As far as I can see, the only obstacle to cover is refreshing our GC numbers to start a campaign, which has always been a struggle with the exception of the Reddit Rush. And I concede that yes, it'll be difficult with the shitstorm that BF4 campaigns went through and the addition of how long it took BF1 to catch up to the state BF4 was in 2 years after launch (granted, "at least" it only took them a quarter of the time this time). But I also find that about half the time I play, I end up with a rather nice squad of players that consistently use the in-game VOIP and PTFO, I'm sure some would be interested in this. To get people back into something like this will be difficult no matter what - even if DICE suddenly just released a BF client literally advertising as catered to GC.
I'd be willing to say this idea is dead if we don't get something started in BF1, Star Wars BF2, or whatever eSports BF client there have been whispers about, but up until then I don't mind trying.

Speaking of Star Wars BF2:
Spoiler: show
Star Wars Battlefront 2 seems to be the light on the horizon of the spinning globe that is DICE finally listening to the widescale complaints from BF4&1 and the first issued crap that is a Star Wars Battlefront reboot (I'm thinking maybe after getting Disney's permission to do the game, Disney called back upon seeing the result asking what the frak is going on). There's so many features in-game and sales model wise that seem to be finally what we've been asking for since BF4.
ImageImage
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

Ok they have added in pass wording serves and also making other players admin on them.

I'm more then happy to stump up some cash and pay for a server for 30 days so we can test it out if anyone is interested!

We will need to generate some forum buzz for it so we dont get only 10 people joining, it could be worth asking some of the other communities if they would like to join us for a friendly BF1 session.
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”