Hi there, nice to meet!

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

[40-1]Status_Quo

Hi there, nice to meet!

Post by [40-1]Status_Quo »

Nice to meet y'all!

I am Status Quo, member of [40-1] a RO2/RS/RS2V clan, some of you might have even played on our servers!

Don't fret, I'm not here to recruit or advertise. I'm here to get a feel for this community, the first one to dip his toes into your world, a scout, so I can spread the word among my clanmembers and get them involved in here too.

Although I am new to GC, I did play Forgotten Honor, a similar concept to this that you are probably aware of, so I know what I am getting myself into. :)

Is there a possibility for me and my clanmates to clanstack while we participate or are there rules against that? I know these campaigns will be great fun, but we also have our own thing going on and are training our members to fight as a cohesive unit, this to me looks like an excellent chance to learn more and train better, people have been losing focus and a weekly organised match with no 'competitive ladder' stress, but the stress of wanting to really help your Army win is great.

If any admin reads this and feels I have posted in the wrong forums, feel free to scold me and move my thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

Anyone interested in engaging me in a direct conversation can find me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017313083/

Cheers!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: Hi there, nice to meet!

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Hi Status Quo! Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

For clan stacking, it depends on how large the group is. If there is a group of up to 3 or 4 people, we are usually happy for them to stick together. Much larger than that, and we ask that the group splits themselves into two approximately equally skilled and sized groups.

The reason we do this is to prevent a single group becoming a major contributor to one army. We have had issues in the past, when we ran BF3 and BF4 campaigns, where a large group will stack on one army and then leave half way through a campaign, unbalancing the armies' numbers. I'm not saying for a moment that your clan will do this but once stung, twice shy.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post any and all questions that you have.
[40-1]Status_Quo

Hi A Docile Sloth,

Thanks for answering, sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I also understand the concern. It's horrible when a group of people decides to leave a tournament or a match halfway. I guess that if more than a few of our members decide to join your tournament (and I sure will) they will just have to use it as an opportunity to have fun, what the morals of our clan are and if needed step up and show some of their people and leadership skills.

I am content with this, looking forward to the start of the draft. Let's get this show on the road!

Greets,

Status Quo
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Speaking for myself, and not representing our glorious but conservative generals, I don't have a particular problem with clan stacking. We had about 4-5 RAT guys play with us in the last campaign. RAT played together and I think it was fine for the most part. It could certainly get challenging at times but that's part of the game.

Just out of curiosity, what did you have in mind as far as 'clan stacking' goes? Were you thinking something along the lines of GC vs 40-1?
[40-1]Status_Quo

Nah not GC v 40-1, I wish we had that many players ;)

I am hoping I can get a [40-1] squad going and motivated to participate, I am also using my RS2V community connections a bit. Trying to get some of our members to join up an I know a few of the clanleaders, some of them even talked to me about setting up something like this in the past, so I informed them of your existence. I am spreading the word to every PTFO/teamplay-minded player I know from our servers. I had a feeling you are still trying to round up a few people to join your tournament, so I thought that would be the least I could do.

We are not a super competitive minded clan, we select on ethics over skill, but we like to play as a team and communicate well on our public servers, we dont really 'stack' there either, we make sure both sides get some of our players to lead or support. So for us (and for me) this kind of persistent campaign play fits like a glove imho :)

Can't wait for the draft to start!

Cheers,

Status
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

That's awesome! A squad is great and spreading the word will most definitely help. The more the merrier :thumbup:
I'm not 100% sure since I have a memory of a goldfish but there might have been a 40-1 guy taking part in a few battleday on the last campaign.

Hopefully it will not take too long for the next campaign to start so I can resume getting killed every 2 secs 8)
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Yep Tom played with us, it was pretty random chain of events.
I played on his squad with his friends on a public server, heard and saw their team-play.
I asked him if he wanted to join the last campaign and invited his friends.

He was the one who said maybe I should ask 40-1 clan to join. and that's how we got Quo here.
I asked the 29th members about a week ago.