Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Chemical2 »

BNLong for sure xaxaxa
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

.Sup aka Peter.
My profession is industrial designer, ditched Computer science college and now working as a sporting goods salesman.
Hobbies: any kind of sport and very much enjoy listening to music with headphones (HD800, etc)
I come from Slovenia and am 26 years old.
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (178.03 KiB) Viewed 7082 times
DSC05720.JPG
DSC05720.JPG (760.29 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
Me and Ramboon
DSC05733.JPG
DSC05733.JPG (755 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
PinkAss top left, Ramboon in the middle and Snake being held (he played a couple battles this campaign.) All members of GC, photos taken last year in Bohinj/Bled, Slovenia.

Oh btw I am sure most imagined me to look different, sorry to disappoint.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Man Pink looks pissed :).
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Von_Krieg wrote:Man Pink looks pissed :).
more like drunk and stoned, VK. He made all sorts of funny expressions during that weekend's "odyssey".
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

name's Matt, live in NW PA in the good ol' USA. just finished up my junior (3rd) year of computer engineering at uni. I play bass guitar, enjoy fly fishing for the lake run salmon and trout from lake Erie in the fall, and played american football for 7 years before college while I learned that my brain was better than my athletic abilities despite being 6'5" and having a size 15 shoe (that's ~2 meters tall and a size 50 shoe for you euros who are too lazy to use google). messed up my right knee pretty bad playing, have to wear a brace during athletic activity or else my kneecap may shoot out of place.

to afford going to school, I deliver beer for the local wholesaler for Inbev/Anheiser-Busch/Labatt's. There are multiple perks to the job (yes they include free/cheap beer). no I can't send you any, but if you come up for a visit I may or may not be able to hook you up with some goodies.

been around since BF2 C3, missed C5 due to a hard drive and video card issue, missed BF3 C1 due to lack of computer. been an officer since C7, squad leader since C4.

no you don't get a pick of my mug. not yet anyways.

and no my name has nothing to do with the big doggy, a mastiff. here's a pic of that doggy:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Rev0lver3

Post by Rev0lver3 »

Nice one .Sup. Good to know more about you. I've heard some of the music you listen to from another post. Classy stuff :). Nice pics too.
.Sup wrote: Oh btw I am sure most imagined me to look different, sorry to disappoint.
I don't know about the others, but you look almost exactly as I imagined you from your voice. Maybe that's because I've been around Slavic people for too long.
matsif wrote: and no my name has nothing to do with the big doggy, a mastiff. here's a pic of that doggy:
Lol matsif, thanks for clearing that up. Now every time I see you on the battlefield, I will thing of that dog. I just can't unsee it. 4th year CE here. I also wanted to ask what brand is your bass guitar? What kind of effects you use? And damn I would like to fish in American lakes, must be great. Sorry for your injury though. Those things happen in professional sports. It is good that most you can get from playing BF is a sore wrist.
motherfo wrote:I want to see Shrapnel, Sup, Canshield, BNLong. :)
Then I'll post my ugly mug.
Well it's 1 out of 4 already. I think we can make this happen.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Rev0lver3 wrote: Lol matsif, thanks for clearing that up. Now every time I see you on the battlefield, I will thing of that dog. I just can't unsee it. 4th year CE here. I also wanted to ask what brand is your bass guitar? What kind of effects you use? And damn I would like to fish in American lakes, must be great. Sorry for your injury though. Those things happen in professional sports. It is good that most you can get from playing BF is a sore wrist.
my bass is a knockoff fender p bass, don't play as much as I used to because of school, no effects or anything. and I don't normally fish in the lakes, I fish in the creeks that go into the lakes when the salmon and trout run upstream to spawn in the fall.

and the knee is mostly better, now I just get the back pains from throwing around kegs all day :mrgreen:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I'm FlashofSilver (HSAR on Steam), Shu Sam Chen in real life. I'm a full-time student entering a BSc Computer Science course in September at either Southampton or Cambridge (depending on grades obtained in the next month of exams).

Primarily, I program in a diverse range of languages (Java, C#, Pascal, Actionscript among others) and otherwise tinker with my computer in my spare time. I also write - hard science fiction, high fantasy and post-apocalypse are all familiar genres of mine but I occasionally stretch my skills a bit (for instance, writing pseudo-realistic newspaper articles for Sup to put on the front page).

Some of my flash fiction (read "much shorter") work (including some rather long collaborative pieces) can be seen here.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I'm Joe and I live about 30 minutes outside of Chicago, Illinois. BF3 is my first modern military fps game; it was a gift and it's a Russian copy.

I used to stream quite a bit of my gaming, but haven't done so in months because of laziness.

Here's a clip:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZJj1O_V7k[/youtube]

I also am the only live game broadcaster for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.
You can seem my work here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ROladder

Besides that, I graduated high school in 2006. I've been going to junior college for 4 years and have an associates in Biology and am getting degrees in Nursery production and Greenhouse management in 2013.
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

Gentlemen.

My name is Alexander Liljedahl (pronounced LEELLCHEDAWL, frak it just call me lil') and I'm from the mighty north (Sweden).

I was born '92 and I've been studying economics the last three years. I'm currently unemployed. When I'm not playing games I ride my boards. Last summer i skated through Sweden, 680 miles or 1100 kilometers, on my longboard. I like to laugh and drink mojitos.

This is me. The time is now 04:06 AM. Good night!
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

I am still waiting for people like Chefcook and Shrapnel... In hopes of this happening I will post something, with a very old, but perhaps most appropriate photo of myself.

My name is Julius, 19 years old and now in my final year of high school, having just finished my last exam of the year today. I live in Hilversum, the Netherlands, but have also lived in Belgium and Italy. I try to learn a lot of languages from Europe to be able to work throughout the continent later on.
Computer hardware is one of my main interests and I try to keep my hardware up to date (ordered my first SSD today as well, what an awesome day). I've always had a general interest in military things, but what boy/man doesn't? Lastly, I can be a grammar nazi on the internet, but I've managed to contain myself so far in the GC fora.

And here is my picture. This was in 2005, so that was seven years ago (I was 11 years old). There may come a day when I will post a picture of me now and in which you can see my face, but not today. I'm the guy holding the AK-47, obviously. You don't get squinty eyes and a tan like the instructor by living in Europe.

Last edited by Arcturus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Where was that photo taken Arct? Philippines?
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Cu Chi, Vietnam.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

dsfarcturus wrote:Cu Chi, Vietnam.
My co-worker was in Nam 3 weeks ago. He says there are a lot of "Apple" stores there :P
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Liljedahls wrote: Last summer i skated through Sweden, 680 miles or 1100 kilometers, on my longboard.
Damn, that's impressive. How long did it take?
Tunnel Snakes rule!