Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Rev0lver3

Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Post by Rev0lver3 »

Since GC is all about building a friendly community and making friends, I was thinking how to get to know each other. So maybe we could post some pics or write a short story about were we live, our hobbies, interests, favourite music etc. Write whatever you like that you think will let people know something more about you. You can also post some pics. It is really hard for me to remember names if I can't associate them with faces. I will try yo set things in motion by telling a little about moi.

My name is Yuri (like Yuri Gagarin, not the hentai genre). I am half Ukranian half Greek and at the moment I am on fourth year of computer engineering. Now I work as a systems administrator in a small company. I speak Greek, Russian and English (though not so fluently as the first two). My favourite hobbies is football (soccer), billiards, underwater harpoon hunting and generaly everything that is fun (I enjoy watching Rugby, though never played). My real passion is music. Guitar and piano are my favourite, but I am learning to play the trumpet right now (you guessed it, neighbors don't seem too be too exited about that). I also just started a band called 8-ball.

Well that's it from me, hope I hear from you guys too.

Here is a pic of me practicing le trompette right now http://imgur.com/D5xo1. (shades help me focus :mrgreen: )
GambleFly

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by GambleFly »

Trumpet is great. Try to practice with your finger tips coming straight down on top of the keys as opposed to the pads of your fingers like you are in that photo. Proper form, helps with speed and consistent pressure. Also, I have nothing to say about myself, but I support this idea.
ImageImageImage
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

My name is Cameron I live in Canada, Winnipeg to be exact, I love computers and the only thing that I probably love more is my cat, fitty. fitty= fat kitty, which is the origin of my name: fat kitty man. Sounds stupid like that, but I think fittyman is a fantastic username. I use fittyman for everything, so if you have seen fittyman somewhere on another site, it was most likely me. Oh, no, that's a lie, my reddit name is not fittyman.... for obvious reasons. I hate candy, weird I know. I used to give all my candy to my friends during Halloween. I am 20 years old, but I'd be lying if I said I acted like it. I act more like a 15 year old sometimes. Hobbies? Reading. I read anything I come across. I have read Robert Ludlums 'Bourne' series easily three times each, the book never gets old for me. I really love the movies as well. Even if they butchered the story.

That's pretty much it.
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

My name is Dan I grew up on video games mostly with global conflict starting when i was like 12/13 after highschool I joined the Marines and injured my shoulder in combat on my first tour of Afghanistan which lead to a medical discharge now I work on cars, my hobbies are camping/backpacking, hunting (I got a small bear in montana last year and I love movies.
Attachments
me 2.jpg
me 2.jpg (69.89 KiB) Viewed 23197 times
Rev0lver3

Post by Rev0lver3 »

Hey guys! I love the posts so far! Keep it coming!

GambleFly thanks for the advice. I am self-taught, and this is my fathers old trumpet, but I see him only at summers, so we don't have too much time to teach me. Oh and don't be shy, share! :)

Nice to know you Cameron! You don't like candy? that is weird :wink: . By the way, as you already know, the internet is filled with cats, so we want your cat's picture in this post, right now! :P

Dan, I can't even imagine what it is to participate in a real conflict and can only silently applaud your courage. It is good that you came back alive. Thanks for the photo too!
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soi2y3Ab_WE thats the only video im in, im the guy on the farthest left in the corner.

Yuri, Harpoon hunting sounds really intense next time I'm in eastern Europe you need to take me lol and I will take you for a few brews and billiards.

I did not see fittyman being short for fat kitty man hahaha and you can send me all the candy you want :P
Rev0lver3

Post by Rev0lver3 »

bitesizebeef wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soi2y3Ab_WE thats the only video im in, im the guy on the farthest left in the corner.

Yuri, Harpoon hunting sounds really intense next time I'm in eastern Europe you need to take me lol and I will take you for a few brews and billiards.

I did not see fittyman being short for fat kitty man hahaha and you can send me all the candy you want :P
frak, that video was intense dude! frak Taliban lol.

Harpoon hunting is really great, though my kit is in my hometown in Greece! So if you decide traveling to Greece at Summer (just not this one, because I will be staying in Ukraine for my degree in CE), contact me. Me and my friends spend about a week camping, and we eat only what we catch :)
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

I've never been to Greece but I met alot of Greeks in Romania they say its nice. I know a thing or two about eating only what you catch ;) me and my friends go deep into the woods and lakes on the boarder of Canada/Minnesota and bring nothing but our survival gear and vodka :twisted:
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Yeah, most people don't. Don't blame them though haha. On Xbox everyone thinks it is a reference to 50 Cent and pronounce my name as "fiftyman". I'm to nice to correct them and just accept it.

You ask for cats, I shall give cats.

The two I have readily available. He really is camera shy, and never sits still for me to get a solid shot. I'll add some more later. These are about 1.5 years old. He actually just got back from the vet yesterday, bladder infection. For about a day, he was stoned kitty. Could not walk straight to save his life. It was hilarious.
pkrocky

Post by pkrocky »

Rev0lver3 wrote:
bitesizebeef wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soi2y3Ab_WE thats the only video im in, im the guy on the farthest left in the corner.

feck, that video was intense dude! feck Taliban lol.

Harpoon hunting is really great, though my kit is in my hometown in Greece! So if you decide traveling to Greece at Summer (just not this one, because I will be staying in Ukraine for my degree in CE), contact me. Me and my friends spend about a week camping, and we eat only what we catch :)
just a lot of respect !! i got adrenaline by just watching it cant imagine what it was in real .
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baPsOPcV5wE

Found my company video, first half is all us second half is mostly the Brits and Scots that we worked with they were some crazy dudes and the spartan stopped in the middle of a firefight to make tea rather than asking for another magazine when he ran out so i had to take his place on the line lol
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'm Jeremy, I'm from the UK. When I'm not studying physics, or messing about with computers, I cycle.
Last edited by Calloutman on Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Rev0lver3

Post by Rev0lver3 »

Nice knowing you Jeremy, and thanks for the photo! 1500 miles 8O? That is awesome! I once rode for 40 km, almost died...
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I'm Eric aka LC aka Bushmaster. Been around GC since BF1942 Campaign 3 or 4. I've been a die hard Battlefield fan since the 42 wake demo.
I live in Houston. Married to a beautiful wife, who puts up with my gaming. I have 2 daughters and a third on the way.
I work full time as a firefighter/paramedic in the Houston Fire Dept. I also have a degree in Science and love reading Science Fiction (especially Philip Dick). Other hobbies besides gaming and reading are Crossfit and Paleo eating/grilling.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

I want to see Shrapnel, Sup, Canshield, BNLong. :)

Then I'll post my ugly mug.