G7 mouse users

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

zeplin05

G7 mouse users

Post by zeplin05 »

I just recently played counterstrike on a 30inch widescreen with the new g7 laser mouse, it made me sick but do you get used to it? thats my question for the people with one
C4Image
C3Image
C2Image
Redman

Post by Redman »

How did it make you sick? Way to sensitive?
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Gottek

Post by Gottek »

Ive got the G5 same there but wired and naw never mad me sick turn down sensitivity on game or mouse.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I got a G7 and I love it. never had any problems, and the battery switching never gave me any trouble. how does it make you sick?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I fly crappier with the G7 than my Mx510, but I havent finished tuning in the windows and game sensitivity. Getting close tho.
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

Don't have a G7 but got me a MX518 the other day (needed that 2nd thumb button that no other logitech high-dpi mouse has ... for what silly reasons ever). But as these mices all use the same software:

Did you set the driver/mouse software to recognize all your games (read: did you manually add the game exe to the recon list)?
Did you set it to turn of cursor acceleration once a game starts?
Did you adjust the cursor speed in windows AND in the game to make up for the higher dpi (if you don't turn it down, you won't profit much from the higher accuracy, you'll just have waaaay faster mouse movement)?
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Is the Monitor new? It is much more likely your nausea is caused by the large monitor than by the mouse.

Larger monitors fill a larger field of view and thereby lessen the visual cues that tell your body you aren't actually moving. If you've ever been to an IMAX you have no doubt felt the sensation of moving while sitting still. It's the same thing here only not so exagerated.

When I first got my large screen it took a little getting used to (never actually felt sick though). Now there's no going back. :wink:
zeplin05

Post by zeplin05 »

no i was just playing it at a friends house, i couldn't get used to the sensitivity and i had it at lowest and game sensitivity was at 2.5 which with my old optical i use 2.7
C4Image
C3Image
C2Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

G7 needs to be fined tuned in alot more than regular mice both in windows and in game. I never install the logitech software.
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

Never ever used any Logitech mouse drivers or software till this one (SetPoint). Unlike previous soft that caused game incompatibilities and offered not much else, this one seems truly good to me. For instance, it allows you to use each and every button on the mouse for the games by assigning a keystroke to em. And there's said option that allows for tweaking dpi, speed, acceleration aso. as soon as a game get's started. E.g. for BF2 it turns my acceleration off, keeps the dpi at max. and allows me to use the mouse buttons for fire, alt fire, reload, weapon cycle, map, crouch (or sprint, still undecided on what's better to have on a thumb button), counter measures (PoE), enter/leave vehicle and "3" (for quickly changing from special tools to the main weapon).
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Out of habit I have TS on my thumb button.