Surround sound + Headset

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

speed_demon

Surround sound + Headset

Post by speed_demon »

Anyone know if I can have just TS running through my headphones and all other sound through my surround sound? My sound card is a Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and headset is Plantronics .Audio 70...The headset plugs into the soundcard...it is not a USB set.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

I doupt it... With a USB plug it would have been easy, but if you connect directly on the sound card... Go have a look in your sound card driver (You certainly have a software to manage it?) maybe you gonna find something there...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

I'd say no. Games require you to tell em which sound hardware to use and TS does so too. So unless the XFi features 2 audio processors I doubt that's possible.

If you want to do the 5.1+HS (which I do recommend, been using such a setup for years), just get a cheap, additional soundcard for TS (seriously, I think any available card will do).
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Or even built in sound on most motherboards. Now getting 2 different sound cards and drivers to play nice with each other may be a different story.
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

True, didn't think about that. I'm running an SB Live and an Audigy2 together - which is luckily the same driver (finally something Creative did right :roll: ).
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I know a lot of people who use USB headsets for TS, and keep their ingame sound running through the speakers. My friend uses his PS2 USB mic, but I don't know of any easy way of doing it with a conventional microphone.
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

My uber Plantronics set is almost shot...Ill go for a USB set next. Thanks for input.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral