RAM question

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Without OC'ing, the E6850 draws with the best quad core at most applications including games as well as synthetic benchmarks.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

SSnake_Plissken wrote:yeah but if your building your PC next year, DDR3 will be much cheaper. And build you PC for the future, not for today (or whenever you build it). Anything built for now will be old tech too soon.

When shopping around for parts, think about when you'll be making the purchases, next summer is a long time away in the tech world. Any research you do, or wish list you make now will likely change by the time you buy. What cost a lot now, will be much cheaper in a year...
yea I know, by the time I build this intel will have released its 45nm, AMD probably will have too, and I think nvidia will have released 9--- series by then. this was just a general question I wanted to know beforehand.

COD4 2 WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

madcow wrote:Without OC'ing, the E6850 draws with the best quad core at most applications including games as well as synthetic benchmarks.
That is correct...E6850 stock is amazing for its price but...
Not to over clock C2D is like living in a sin.
And when You buy E6750 which is like 80 eur cheaper and easily OC it to
3.2 , 3.4 , 3.6+ Ghz on air than its better to invest those 80 euros for better ram.
So You have same speeds as OCed E6850 [talking about 24/7 OC not just max for benches] but now You also got better ram [micron chips 800-1200mhz] that OC as well so basically You got more speed for same money.