Onboard Realtek audio, microphone boost

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Onboard Realtek audio, microphone boost

Post by Ash2Dust »

This link shows how to boost your microphone if your motherboard is using a Realtek onboard soundchip. Its a common chipset so people may have problems of being too quiet in game and TS. They hid the microphone volume slider and boost under output that you have to scroll over to. The one that you can normally see under input is usually greyed out.

http://torley.com/how-to-boost-the-mic- ... udio-codec

Realtek is also up to 1.82 for its HD audio driver.
www.realtek.com.tw
MasterOhh

Post by MasterOhh »

Yeah it took me about 30 minutes to realise that you must activate the mic boost in the OUTPUT settings instead of the input settings, where every sane user would look for that option.

Oh and for some reason the echo attenuation in that software is creating echos instead of eliminating them ?!?
Last edited by MasterOhh on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

dunno, I havent touched the echo. But it took me more than 30 minutes of fighting logically and decided to test my googlefoo skills for an illogical solution. Most results were a deadend except for the link.

I still prefer my audigy Z2, but currently running the Realtek gauntlet. I'd love a Xi-fi, but theres the whole Vista issue in the horizon for me.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

X-fi works in Vista.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Yah, it does work, just not a fan of adding more software (Alchemy) to Creative's already bloated software so I can get EAX or Directsound3d to work in games.

Wont be an issue with current games coming out for Vista. But games that came out for XP needs Alchemy to sound good on Vista. If you only run a 2 speaker system, it really doesnt matter.

I guess at least Alchemy is free for X-Fi owners. $10 for Audigy owners.

http://www.soundblaster.com/alchemy/

I prolly wont go Vista for another year or two, by then I prolly wont be playing todays games. Making it a mute point.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

X-fi is worth buying it. I had audigy 2 zs before and the difference is enormous.