For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I thought nothing could be edited unless you have the admin pass! Or so it was when I was working on it....
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

LogIn worked for me with GC account...with that i'd been able to delete the Spam from discussion page which was around 385KB as it wasn't locked.

:!: To edit other pages we need to know how to unlock them for editing...and how to lock discussion :wink:

Probably AngelOne knows about?!?
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Thanks for the mention Gominin, alas my knowledge on the use of the WiKI is limited. I only did what any of you huys could do once you have logged in. I did ask for further information about the guts of the WiKi and I did get a reply... but my memory fails me at the moment.

I am sure someone else reading this thread will have more knowledge or advice on the subject.

I would in the first instance suggest Philor... I believe he is one of our WiKi Guru's. I am also sure that Hitman has had a lot of experience in the past with managing the WiKi.

Sorry I can not help you further :wink:
:angel1:
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

yea Hitman is newb who had time to put our text back up to date in the Wiki, I don't know crap about anything else :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

@Angel i mentioned you cuz ya name was last in editing history i found ;-)

So the question is still: how to get rights to lock/unlock pages?!?

Edit: PMed Goggles whether he can unlock/lock with admin console for
editing.

@Hitman prepare yourself for some work :-) I'll help!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Wiki Users Gomimin and Hitman47 have been added to usergroups Sysop and Bureaucrat.

It appears that most (all?) pages are locked so that only users of the Sysop group are allowed to change them. If anyone else needs/wants group membership so they can edit/clean/create pages, please let me know. I'll get it done (subject to Exec approval).

Cheers!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

spank you very much helpy helper!
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Goggles please feel free to help that part of the larger project move ahead without letting any bureaucratic formalities get in the way of progress.