Vista

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Sry I just noticed I didn't told you guys I have tryed everything from repair menu, nothing helped...

Now I'm going to try to copy hal.dll but I realy doubt it will work... I think I'm going to cry...

EDIT: I can't find hal.dll on vistas dvd... ... im crying now...
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I cannot fcking believe... I just can't... ... ... I think I'm going to go and kill some one from Microsoft... ... ...

Today, when I was going to reinstall vista, I accidentally missed cd boot countdown so it booted from HDD... and I am writing this from my computer...

but this thing for BF2 still stands...

btw... ty all guys for helping me... again...
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

so still no luck getting BF2 to boot from Vista? If you keep this up, you could just as easily just get Windows 7 :P

I've successfully installed BF2 (not SF :() on both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. Apparently there's a known bug with the serial key of SF not writing in registry properly, doh. But we never play SF, so it doesn't really bother me.

Assuming you can use Vista relatively normally, what errors is BF2 currently giving you?
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I can boot Vista, and play BF2 on it, but from time to time I get "connection problems", and its on those servers on which I was playing normally while on XP 32bit.

And my mouse buttons on left side wont work normally... its not because drivers for mouse...
Tsumetai_Ryujin

So no one has any new ideas what could I try? :\
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I am trying to get BF2 to work on my new vista shuttle.

So do I get you guys correctly that I need directx9 (in addition to version 10) to run it?

I am getting Punkbuster error messages whenever I try to connect to a server, saying a pb???.exe is not found.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I figured out what was the problem... My wireless card... I've connected computer with router through wire and now I have no connection problems at all in any game...

The only thing that puzzles me is why didn't I have same problems while I was on XP... I was also connected with wireless to router... maybe it's because of vista and maybe it's because my wireless card died in the meantime or it's incompatible with vista or 64bit OS...

Anyway... friend from kinship from LotRO told me to try to connect through wire instead wireless...