raise gamma (freeware alternative for powerstrip) ?

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

raise gamma (freeware alternative for powerstrip) ?

Post by gribble »

So far i used powerstrip to raise/lower gamma (on the fly via hotkeys) so that i can see something on my very old crt monitor. But with powerstrip being shareware I thought maybe someone knows a freeware alternative for doing the job. I only need it for that purpose, I don't all the other functions of powerstrip.

There is a tool called Gammacontrol 1.0.3.3 someone coded for Half Life. It works for me with BF1942, but not with BF2 :-(
Evilash

Post by Evilash »

I too have a problem with overly dark graphics in BF2 (and strangely only here, other games/Windows looks perfectly fine). So before starting the game I just turn up the brightness and contrast in my driver settings for my Geforce 6800GT.

Not the best solution but it works, for now :wink:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

Set your "color" options in your advanced properties panel on your desktop.

Right click on desktop - properties. Advanced.

Color Settings - > Look for In-game or whatever it says and ramp that up.
Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- Stanislaw Lem
gribble

Post by gribble »

thx for the reply.. but that's not really what i am searching for.

I am searching for a programm so that i can change gamma on the fly during gaming. With Powerstrip and Gammacontrol you have a hotkey for lower/raise gamma.. so I can adjust it in game.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Download Details:
Gamma Panel is a little & handy application that lets you adjust brightness, contrast and gamma settings in real-time. Thanks to its hot-key feature, you don't even have to leave the game you're playing! The program works pretty similar to Color profiles in PowerStrip but is completely free and much smaller in terms of system load and memory usage.

The program is pretty simple - it just sits on the taskbar and does its job. You can apply profiles in 2 ways: by pressing assigned hot-key combination or by selecting the entry from the popup menu. The last selected color profile is automatically applied on the next program run.
gribble

Post by gribble »

another programm that doesn't work with bf2 .. but thx dagrooved1 .

I also tried DarkFix .. and yes, it also doesn't work with BF2 :-(

So far the only tool that works with BF2 is Powerstrip :(
sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

gribble wrote:another programm that doesn't work with bf2 .. but thx dagrooved1 .

I also tried DarkFix .. and yes, it also doesn't work with BF2 :-(

So far the only tool that works with BF2 is Powerstrip :(
Sounds like your color profiles won't link to your monitor type...All of these programs work for me in BF2.
Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- Stanislaw Lem
gribble

Post by gribble »

weird. what kind of video card do you own ? i have a gf6800. I hope you own an ATI card and we might find my problem there.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, ATI already has a hotkey gamma adjuster, so if you did have an ATI you wouldn't need any programs.
sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

I have ATI yes.
- Stanislaw Lem