BF2 on drive D: and windows on C:. What happens if I format

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

Yes, another thing was swap file. But I think it's not much of a problem since I've 2gb ram. Actually it's advised to disable the swap file with that much of ram.

It doesn't make sense to have unallocated space at all. Just create normal partitions with all the space allocated to them and you'll be fine.
I don't get what you mean by unallocated :? , but all disk space is allocated to something. Perhaps you're saying, it's unnecessary to have too much partitions and just two partitions is enough?
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
tvuk

Post by tvuk »

No.

For example lets say you have a 200GB disk. Before you make the first partition all 200GBs of it are unallocated. If you make a partition of 20GB now you have 20GB allocated and 180GB unallocated space etc.
C1: @x1-tvuk|ObLt.GR_______C2: @2-Hptm.tvuk|GT
C3: @3-Gen.tvuk___________C4: @4-SCA.tvuk
C5: 5A|1|Pfc|tvuk*|AR
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

Ah OK. I got it. I don't have unallocated space anyways.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tvuk wrote:It doesn't make sense to have unallocated space at all. Just create normal partitions with all the space allocated to them and you'll be fine.
:D

Agreed! Reinstalling BF2 is not that big of a drag. Wait till you have 15 gigs of mods and maps as part of that Folder. Now that is a draaaaaaag!

Just remember to make a copy of your profile settings, otherwise you are in for some quality time with bf controls setup screen. Yum!

Winter
ImageImage
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

I guess all the setting files are in My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder. Since I've moved My Documents folder to drive F, they will not be deleted for sure :).