ATI problems and BF2

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Mat-d-rat wrote:hoping 5.8's will be better (should be int he next couple of weeks)
here it is: Catalyst 5.8 (I wasn't able to link direktly to the download pages)
Reaper13

Post by Reaper13 »

I have a radeon 9800 pro. No problems with gameplay in sp. Connection problems with mp.
One glitch:
When I insert the original driverdisc for my video card I get a blue screen and my machine reboots. It is :( :( the only disc that does that. weird eh?
AND.... when I download catalyst drivers and try to install it says no hardware found. I have had to manually install the drivers, but there seems to be no way of installing the ati control panel.
Ideas anyone?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

1. make sure you have set a system restore point or even made a backup of your system (If you didn't don't blame me for system crashes)

2. what I read on certain forum, including the ATI homepage I believe, you should make sure that you have deleted the "old" catalyst version completely. It might be that the old version especially if you have installed the flashy catalyst controll thingie prevents you from installing the normal control center.

3. install new driver version

4. pray!
Reaper13

Post by Reaper13 »

after install, went to load up video card drivers, inserted disc first time, .....blue screen, reboot..... EVERYTIME very weird
Ramrod64

Re: ATI problems and BF2

Post by Ramrod64 »

KRAZYD wrote:Hey guys
I am running a 9800 Pro with 128 ram on it 1G of occ ram and I have a Athlon 64 3200
i dont know if you fix the problem but i have exacly the same computer configuration like u and i had the same problems with blue/blackscreen, restarts first i thought my graphic card was getting too hot but after checking the cpu temperature i put another fan into the tower (in front of the Cpu to support the fan on the cpu, and the overheating was stopped and now i can play without any bugs!
this is the first game i know, that makes so many troubles with the hardware.
I although heard that if u have a sata harddisk, you should have two because this can make blackscreens...

okay have fun and good luck
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Reaper13 wrote:I have a radeon 9800 pro. No problems with gameplay in sp. Connection problems with mp.
One glitch:
When I insert the original driverdisc for my video card I get a blue screen and my machine reboots. It is :( :( the only disc that does that. weird eh?
AND.... when I download catalyst drivers and try to install it says no hardware found. I have had to manually install the drivers, but there seems to be no way of installing the ati control panel.
Ideas anyone?
Weird, whatever the CD is loading must say something nasty to the video card and she reboots the computer. No nookie for you tonite. You may want to turn off windows XP autoreboot on error option.

Go into your control panel, add and remove software, and uninstall any ATI (and NVidia) stuff. Go into your "device manager" and uninstall anything listed in the "display adapters" tree. Reboot, when prompted for drivers, just pretend you dont have the drivers and dont load any unless you can load some form of Microsoft 'standard VGA' drivers. But dont cancel out of the of that screen, make sure you get to the finished button. You should hopefully see an unidentified video device listed in your device manager. Now load the latest ATI