Off...
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Is the battery full for sure?
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

fulll... if you would like we could meet on ts and ask me all the questions instead of talking like this...

po mogucnosti nekad kad nisam pod utjecajem alkohola... :)
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I must thank you landrover for helping me install XP as dual boot... ... as you witnessed yesterday by me getting your buts kicked ;D , BF2 runs normally again for me..
LandRover

Post by LandRover »

Glad to know now that those were "Thank You" gestures 8) I urge you to not be so overly happy next time. :wink:

One warning about your new XP Partition: Do not use it to create new Logical Partitions if you still have unallocated space. Make sure all your new partitions are created with your first Vista OS. There is a discrepancy between Vista and XP File System that could destroy your Logical partitions.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I had to reinstall vista... again -.-' ... so this time I tryied to install BF2 (and while installing my DVD cracked :'( , now I'm playing on cracked BF2) in default directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA... ) and it was playable. I am still getting connection problems from time to time, but that can't compare to before.

Now, I heard there are also some few 1337 guys from GC playing on Vista but without problems. I would very much like to know how can I also play without problems...
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:po mogucnosti nekad kad nisam pod utjecajem alkohola... :)
Drinking is bad Tsumetai! :P

I helped someone install BF2 on his laptop and he had vista... Only thing he had to do was installing DX9, that's all...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Tsumetai_Ryujin

So how do I install DX9 if I already have DX10... ... at least it says so in dxdiag...

btw reinstall of Vista solved problem with my iPod... it runs smoothly now...

Starlord, I didn't know you are also from around here... where are you exactly from? croatia or slovenia...
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Tsumetai_Ryujin

I've installed DX9 but nothing has changed... everything is the same...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

DX9 is for XP, DX10 is for Vista. Vista is a problem for you so I would wonder if the video or sound drivers in Vista are the culprit.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I download new drivers for my nvidia as soon as they come out, so I doubt they are the problem... and this also goes for sound drivers because i have Creative Xtreme music and also download new drivers as soon as they come out (both creative and nvidia supports vista and 64bit).

But... I have a new problem... my computer doesnt want to boot... it just stops at the point where he checks if thers some cd or dvd to boot from...

EDIT: when I start computer with both HDDs connected and vista dvd inside, after he asks me if I want to boot from cd I get this message:
"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

(when i start with HDD with OS only, I don't get this message, it just stops at cd check.)
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Locate the hal.dll on your Vista DVD, boot from that, choose Repairconsole and copy hal.dll from DVD to Windows\System32 folder...
LandRover

Post by LandRover »

@Tsu,

Somehow, your bootloader is corrupted;do the following:

:arrow: Boot from the Vista DVD, and on the screen where you’re prompted to “Install now”, select “Repair your computer”.

:arrow: The next screen searches for local Vista installations – there should only be one, so click Next.

:arrow: This loads the System Recovery Options screen. Select the first option – Startup Repair. This looks for problems which would prevent Vista from loading (like a missing bootloader) and automatically fixes them. It just takes a few seconds to make the repairs.

:arrow: Click Close and then on Finish, and the system will restart and boot into Vista.

My recommendation:
If you want to use Vista for compatible or Future Games and want to play BF2, stick with a Dual System Boot (XP & Vista). BF2 and Vista are not compatible and it is not just a question of Operating System, since it also has to do with the Motherboard's ChipSets (apparently some combinations work better than others). So, don't fight it, you will lose your time and get frustrated during games. A solid XP--No Virus Scanners, Malware detectors or any other installed programs except BF2 with the latest Video Driver, TS and Foxplus--A Lean/Mean XP is all you need for the greatest Fun with BF2. Don't forget to do frequent Defrags on your partitions (use this formidable free program: UltimateDefragFREEPublicDomainEdition) :wink:

LR