DETAILED SETUP INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY AT GC

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, I'm the New Recruit Admin here, and I guess it's stumpers fault more making us assume Redman is back, because if he is I'd like to talk to him about redo'ing the whole tutorial section and signup guide and what not.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

It needs doin. So someone please redo it. Cut, correct and paste. I know Redman, he will be back one day and he will not be offended if you use his content and make it appropriate and updated. Thanks in advance.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I will get on it asap.
DaGrooved1

How about this?

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Quick update on Redmans version, if anyone got any comments, corrects, etc, just let me know. I took out all them annoying under construction animations and what not :P

Below is a copy of a post originally made by Redman that I (DaGrooved1) have updated for the playing of BF2. This post was designed to make it very simple for a new member of GC to get up and running with everything needed to participate. At this time this post is out of date and is currently being updated to reflect the ever changing path of Global Conflict. I am leaving it up only to serve as a reference and at this time the only thing a new member needs is TEAMSPEAK. Please feel free to contact me if you have any immediate needs or concerns.

Thank You

DaGrooved1 & Redman

P.S.

Since this post is constantly being updated to suit the needs of this ever changing community, check back often for any assistance you may require.

---------------------------------------------------------

I would like to take this chance to welcome you to Global Conflict. You have just joined one of the best communities on the net for organized gameplay. At Global Conflict we believe that we are all here for a mature & most important fun game of BF2 and we have made that the basis of our community. To participate in the campaigns you may or may not have to download a variety of programs, maps and MODS, but as of this date only TS is required, and we will be getting to that shortly. This post will be updated when mods, etc are required. I guarantee you that once you have this done and join us on the server for the very first time you are going to love what we have created here at Global Conflict.

All the following links that I am going to provide you can be found on the Global Conflict home page by clicking on this banner.
In this post I will provide you with all the links in one location to make things as simple and easy as possible. All the links that I am providing you will not be to another web page, but are direct links that will start the download for you.

The very first thing you must download, install and configure is TS. Why? Because once you have this you will have the ability to ask a real person for help if you need it in the future. There is almost always someone on the TS server at almost any given time day or night. I do not know a single player here at GC who would not gladly give you a hand getting things straightened out or if they do not know the answer they will know who to point you to who can.

You can download Teamspeak by clicking on the folowing icon, which will start your download of TS.

Once you have downloaded and installed TS you will need to configure it so you can talk to others on our server. This is very simple to do.

Start TS and in the upper left hand corner click on Connection.

It will give you a drop down list of options.

Click on Connect.

This will bring up a new window called Connect To Server.

Right Click on Servers and then click on Add Server.

This will add a server in the tree below and you will name this server GLOBAL CONFLICT

After you name the server left click on this server to bring up the info.

In the window that says Server Address type in the following IP for the GC server >>teamspeak2.icongamer.com<<

In the box that says Nickname type in the Screen Name that you use for playing the game and what you used to register for GC.

Leave the next box that says Login Name blank.

In the box that says Password leave that blank.

Click on the box that say Auto-Reconnect, that way if you get disconnected during the game, you do not have to hop out to log back on. Teamspeak will attempt to reconnect every ten secondes till the server is back up.

Now click on the Connect button.

Now you are in the ICON Teamspeak server that we use here at GC but you still have one more step to go.

Scroll down the list of rooms on the left hand side of your screen till you see the Global Conflict - After Hours room. To enter this room double click on the name. This is the most popular room used here at GC.

If for some reason there is no one in this room but you do scroll down and notice players in either the Allied or Axis room you can enter either one by typing in the following passwords.

The password for your chosen side can be found in their respective barracks.

For Global Conflict - E.C. the password is Check your barracks.

Be aware that the default way to activate your microphone in TS is Voice Activation. Leaving this is on is the quickest way to get on the bad side of players on the same TS channel as you. It is very easy and required that you change the voice send method to Push to talk.

To change this setting, first open TS.

The fourth option at the top is Settings, click on that.

The first of three options that are listed is Sound Input/Output Settings, click on that.

The second setting section you will see is Voice Send Method.

In this section you will need to do two things.

First click on the option that says Push to talk.

Now you need to set which key you wish to use. You can use any key that you want but you need to choose a key that while you are in game will not activate something else. Nothing worse than flying a plane and just as you are about to shoot someone you push the "E" key to talk and end up jumping out of the plane. I personally use the "F" key but only time will tell what will work best for you. You can go back at any time and change this key.

To set this feature simply click on Set.

This will open a small window that says Choose Key.

Choose your key by simply pressing it and this will close that window and you are finished setting up TS.

There are many other features of TS available that I encourage you to explore. I am not going to go into them here simply because this tutorial is designed just to get you started in GC.

Now that you have Teamspeak installed you simply need to logon

If you have any further questions or are having difficulties please feel free to send me a message by clicking here >>Image<<

Once teamspeak is installed and configured you simply need to install and configure BF2 if you haven't already done so (currently only the BF2 demo is available) Once this is done, you are ready to begin your journey here at GC!

In addition, Global Conflict is funded strictly by donations from our users. Unlike other tournements that charge you to play, the donation that you make will entitle you to a say in how Global Conflict is run with a vote in the Senate. There is no minimum amount to donate but the average donation is twenty U.S. dollars. You are not required to donate in order to participate in GC but if you like what you see and wish to help us keep this great idea going please donate now. You can donate through PayPal by clicking on this link

If you are unable to use PayPal you can request the mailing address from Tubesteak so you can send him funds by snail mail. Contact Tube by clicking here >>Image<<
Last edited by DaGrooved1 on Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stumper

Post by Stumper »

Wow dagrooved.. you really undid yourself on this POst..I congradulate you..

Image.. The award im yet to get!!

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Well I certainly hope that DaGrooved1 doesn't 'undo himself' on anything but a good lookin chick or a toilet bowl. But thanks DaGrooved. 8)
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

You might want to post that on the front page.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Ok, I shall put it on the frontpage.

edit: No wait! I can't that would be removing what Redman wrote, and I cant just do that, I must wait for confirmation from Winter Lion, he might want to save what Redman has there first.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Just a thought: are we keeping Axis and Allies? I guess this has to be modified. :roll:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Yeah, somethings are hard to update when you don't know exactly whats going on.
PaleRider

Post by PaleRider »

Well they are part of the "Axis of Evil" according to the Bush.
Team |RoT| Reign of Terror at http://teamrot.com
Templer

Post by Templer »

PaleRider wrote:Well they are part of the "Axis of Evil"
who? US or MEC? :wink:
@8-Oblt.Templer|1st
@7-Oblt.Templer|TB (Infantry Orden Bronze, Infantry Orden Silver, Panzer Orden Silver, Kriegsverdienstkreuz)
@6-Obfr.Templer|KD (Infantry Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Silver)

sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

suggestion: We are playing a game here. We are not mirroring RL, we are not living Good vs. Evil here. Therefore we should make sure that any Army names we chose are acceptable for all gamers around the world.

We could either use the names EA choose themselfs within the game or we come up with somehing politically coorect :roll:
Templer

Post by Templer »

sushi25 wrote:somehing
sushi25 wrote:coorect
...and with a right spelling of course!!!! :wink:
(don´t get mad at me sushi!!!)
@8-Oblt.Templer|1st
@7-Oblt.Templer|TB (Infantry Orden Bronze, Infantry Orden Silver, Panzer Orden Silver, Kriegsverdienstkreuz)
@6-Obfr.Templer|KD (Infantry Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Silver)

Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Children, play nice :D The real enemy is Martha Stewart, Bush is just a low-level dignitary.

That said, I believe the names we're going with are United States and Eastern Coalition 8O