DETAILED SETUP INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY AT GC

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

How about "Coalition" and "Opposition" like Desert Combat does? Or Red and Blue armies. Generic sounding though, backstory is everything.

Winter
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

What about the Coalition (US) and the Alliance? I got that off freelancer :oops:
Templer

Post by Templer »

I like Cheesy´s idea: "US and EC"
Passwords: USForces and EasternCoalition
@8-Oblt.Templer|1st
@7-Oblt.Templer|TB (Infantry Orden Bronze, Infantry Orden Silver, Panzer Orden Silver, Kriegsverdienstkreuz)
@6-Obfr.Templer|KD (Infantry Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Silver)

DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Ok, well can someone tell me the new information so I can update this guide and replace the one on the front page?
FinalStand

Post by FinalStand »

Someone should put a copy of this where it is easier to find for new members.
Redline_TheTurk

Post by Redline_TheTurk »

cool...
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I'm new here and theres some things I don't get. first the creating a new account and then moving your information into that, I don't know how to do that. and when i click on the download for teamspeak, it starts to display the page gets halfway and then stops. can somebody help?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

1) You are currently a 'member' of GC. You have posted in the members forum. Thats done.

2) When the sides are picked, you will select your respective army's 'usergroup'. At that point your army's forums will become available as your General (or HC) approves your application. Basically wait for notice of the draft results unless told otherwise.

Teamspeak... I wasnt able to find a link in GC's downloads section. I'm guessing the link on the mainpage seems more for people with it already installed. Heres a link to the teamspeak homepage download. Get the windows client.

http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

disregard the last post. it all works
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Welcome my friend,

Try right clicking on the download button and choosing save link or target instead of just clicking on it. I will do a checkup on our download folders after this note and make sure they arent broken.

You have already created your site account as I have you as a registered member. The editable parts of your proflle page are not that important to have perfect from day one. You can set your timezone there, pick a avatar to use, create a nifty signature file, choose your preferences for hiding your email addy and other stuff. J

ust take your time and read it over once. There is a help file for some of it, like BBcode used for putting pictures in your posts, just click on the word BBCode that is just to the left lower corner of your Message body editing box.

You want to sign up for the draft, it is located in the forums. That way you know you will have a reserved billet in the next big one coming very soon.

PM me with any questions that need answers and I will get back at you or meet you on teamspeak if you can get the download. If our download is not working for you, go to the teamspeak home site. They give it out free there as well. Just put teamspeak in your browsers search window.

Winter :D

Hey Ash,
I wish there was a way to see that someone else was helping a new guy. We were both typing furiously and you beat me to the punch. Good job, bro!
ImageImage
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

I've changed the ABC welcome page to link to this post, we shoudl probably add ABC to this for now until we are intergrated...
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Redman

Post by Redman »

Don't have a lot of free time now but I will be updating this page by Thursday or Friday to reflect changes. 8)
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
NoSpoon

Post by NoSpoon »

step 3 confused me because you can just add the prefix/clan tags because EA added the new prefix section for everyone's accounts. which is why step 3 confused me.

people dont have to create new accoutns anymore.
Colts

Re: Detailed Set-Up Instructions for starting here at GC

Post by Colts »

Redman wrote:
This will add a server in the tree below and you will name this server GLOBAL CONFLICT

After you name the server left click on this server to bring up the info.

In the window that says Server Address type in the following IP for the GC server >>teamspeak2.icongamer.com<<
i think we need there the new ts server ip! isn´t it?
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

I did start work some time ago on a new sign up guide (not sure if this will work modules.php?name=abc_signupguide) maybe I'll try and finish it :)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email