PunkBuster updates helps resolve some connection issues

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Ikill4aliving

Post by Ikill4aliving »

The new PB update has caused a ton of issues with players. I cant go 5 minutes without seeing someone get kicked for not having the update. IT says something like failed to communicate (or run) *some pb program a or b* and then kicks them. Some get the md5 tool thing that is a hack program, but it doesnt ban you. You just need to update pb w/ pbsetup.exe
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

If your firewall or other security software is paranoid of the new PB services then it wont let PB talk to the server. If the server doesnt get a reply, it kicks players.

On a side note, I would wonder if PB relies on a Windows system fully updated. Some programs expect you to have specific windows updates.
SSnake_Plissken
Location: an obscure body in the S-K system, known to its inhabitants as the planet Earth

Post by SSnake_Plissken »

I just started having problems myself, so I updated PB and downloaded the files as I was supposed to etc, etc,etc... Now when I join any server it gives me an error saying I have a modified version of the game and should get an official version. What a joke!!!!
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I intermittently get the Communication Failure for pnkbstrA with or withOUT my firewall enabled.
I have reinstalled pb and updated it several times. The test always pass without error.
Not sure how to fix this one.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Ikill4aliving

Post by Ikill4aliving »

have you run pbsetup.exe and updated bf2?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

... Evenbalance seems to have problems keeping their webpage up...

I'll take a poke later and see if they have released a patch to fix their patch that keeps cheaters and non-cheaters from playing.

edit:
It works now current version was released 8-28 and is client: v1.735 A1392

So if you're up to that then all you can do its wait. The pbsetup will show you what version you are at.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

that's the current version i have, and it contains only 1 bug (that i've detected). When you join a game, a window show up saying "your connection to the server was lost". but, if you try to join the same server again, it should work just fine.
Morph
Ikill4aliving

Post by Ikill4aliving »

im really starting to hate that bug
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Its not a bug , its a feature ! :D
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Theres a new version of PBsetup v3.0. I had to manually grab from EB as the in program update function would download, but not install.
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Currently the client version of BF2 PB is c2.023|A1392