BF2 Sound settings???

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Charger

BF2 Sound settings???

Post by Charger »

I was just wondering how other set up their gameplay. Driving armor, while Teamspeak is sending orders, while Commo Rose is spamming my ears, had me just hearing a huge BUZZZ. Any particular settings I can change to be able to process all this info? How do you do it?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

meh. learn to read?

jk, if anything is that important, just pull off the road for a second, and ask for a repeat. or be like me and get used to it :wink:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Charger

Post by Charger »

I tried reading lips, but our side has a bunch of would-be ventriloquist. Do you set your Teamspeak volume higher than BF2 Effects? or something like that?
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

I put down the ingame volume of BF2 to 75-80% so the ts (windows sounds) are much better to understand.
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ramrod64 wrote:I put down the ingame volume of BF2 to 75-80% so the ts (windows sounds) are much better to understand.
i turned down my bf2 effects also
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

USB Headset. I set my actual sound card to the default in Windows, but set all the TS audio to the USB headset's speaker and microphone. I use one of the mono (ie: One speaker, not two) headsets Logitech made for the PS2. Works wonders, since it concentrates all my TS audio in the headset, but leaves an ear open to listen to game audio.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Charger

Post by Charger »

WoodenPlank wrote:USB Headset. I set my actual sound card to the default in Windows, but set all the TS audio to the USB headset's speaker and microphone. I use one of the mono (ie: One speaker, not two) headsets Logitech made for the PS2. Works wonders, since it concentrates all my TS audio in the headset, but leaves an ear open to listen to game audio.
Thanks Plank, that's given me some ideas!
Bombilakus

Post by Bombilakus »

Heres my two cents. If you wanna hear guys over TS you have few options:

1. Leave game sound on 100 and crank up your TS even louder! (wont end good cuz the voices will get distorded)
2. Game volume to 50-70 and teamspeak normal (you get good balance if you aint in the arty zone or in the armour.
3. Game sound 50-70 and set shortcuts for TS volume control. This one is a good one. For example when I enter arty I just press num pad 3 and my volume goes up and on num 2 i make it down.
4. Game sound 30-40 and Teamspeak left on normal. Youll hear orders but wont be in the gameplay that much. Unless you crank up master and wave sound meters high.

I personally put my master sounds on 50 % game sounds on 50 % and TS normal.
When I need gameplay i just adjust it with keyboard shortcuts.

I hope i helped you a bit :o
Charger

Post by Charger »

Thanks Bombi, you've given me some software-based ideas. Together with Plank's input, I think a solution is at hand.
Bombilakus

Post by Bombilakus »

Glad to help guy who owns my dream car :lol: