BF2 crashes (resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

gomimin

Post by gomimin »

You might post the key and its Integer here, so anybody with the same problem might find the solution...
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Did you get it fixed?

Winter. 8O
ImageImage
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

@WinterLion

He played last Battle so it seems he has :D
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Umm... yea... sry for not telling i solved the problem...

the key is left of the "L" and below "P"...

EDIT: but i still haven't found any solution for higher refresh rate... i still have only 59Hz and 60Hz, instead 75Hz... i have Samsung 226BW...
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:Umm... yea... sry for not telling i solved the problem...

the key is left of the "L" and below "P"...

EDIT: but i still haven't found any solution for higher refresh rate... i still have only 59Hz and 60Hz, instead 75Hz... i have Samsung 226BW...
You don't understand. You can't increase refresh rates, you can force them in nvidia control panel but that does more bad than good. Each screen resolution has its default refresh rate that shouldn't be changed in order to not experience any picture distortions.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

I understand that, but i thought since this is new monitor, good quality and what not, it could give me 75Hz on resolutions higher than 1152x864 (below that and on that i can have 75).

Btw do u know of one program which sets refresh rate and resolution and this kind of stuff... i cant remember its name...
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Samsung recommends 1680x1050 60Hz for ya monitor !!! Higher doesn't work - even if you use Powerstrip or else.

Good to know:
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
Gus

Re:

Post by Gus »

gomimin wrote:nope, just delete the cache folder there
for AIX "C:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/aix +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050
It's a good feeling to find a solution to my problems in a 2 year old thread here in the GC boards.
Just purchased a new RADEON HD 5850 GPU, and was experiencing the CTD when starting BF2 (windows XP).
I looked for HOURS online, found many people with similar problem, but no solution.

Now, I come to good old GC, sort through the old tech threads, and find gomimin's advice quoted above.
I am now in game, with max settings, preparing to reinstall PR and get to where the killing is good.

thanks GC, you guys freakin rule.
Gus
gomimin

Re: BF2 crashes (resolved)

Post by gomimin »

fine! Now you could del "+szx 1680 +szy 1050" from shortcut cuz you can now manage it in your BF2 Video settings :)

You should also get the official Alt-Tab fix

download/RendDX9.dll

Just rename the one in the BF2 folder to RendDX9.dllold and copy the dld one in...this way you can Alt-tab without CDT...

...and don't forget the =GC= PR Campaign ->
C11SCUM - Mandy
C12Panzerarmee Afrika Leutnant
C13 Neutral -Mercs
PR Team
-inactive- No BF modding = not buying - FUEA
B.I.A. for RS2V ?!?