For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

isn't working, click on it for more info. Needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

OMG no WiKi...

This is what it displayed to me when I tried to open it. Do we have a WiKi doctor in the house.

Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doinsert". MySQL returned error "1044: Access denied for user: 'dbo171665982@%' to database 'db171665982' (db456.perfora.net)".
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

if I had to take a wild guess, it would be that the database query string is posting a false username... according to the error message it's trying access the database as user "dbo171665982@%". I don't that those last two characters (@%) are supposed to be there. Looks like an error from within a config file that's probably easily fixable... let me see if my FTP access gets me in there.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Confirmed: the correct username to access the database is dbo171665982. The unwanted two extra characters @% are causing the login issue. Now we just need to find where those characters are being added, and stop it.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Update:

Our web host's Admin Console reports that the database that stores our Wiki info is unavailable. The database is connectable using PHPMyAdmin, which makes this a weird message to be receiving...

However, I was able to determine that the total size of the database is 143.3MB. Our limit, according to our host, is 100MB. It could very well be that they removed/denied access to the database for the root account because we're over the limit.
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Roger that Goggles,

Guess we have to keep a careful eye on the amount of data used on the WiKi and weed out or archive the old stuff, so not to exceed the limit.

The question is now, WHO is going to reduce the size and get the WiKi online again?

Once again, thanks for your time and effort.

:angel1:
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I made a backup of the wikimedia database.

Warning: the GC database (seperate from the wiki) is also over the limit at 114MB.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I was able to trim the database and reduce it's size to under the limit. I made backups of the entire database, and individually to the tables I edited. All that remains is for the write access for the user account to return... no clue how to do that, or when it will happen :/ Maybe we should submit a ticket to the web host?
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Update:

write access is back - restoring a few links and it should be back to normal.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Thanks Goggles!
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

goggles - they do something!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Goggles for general!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Hitman47_088 wrote:Goggles for general!
Goggles for Executive Senator. :jump:

Hit the donate button for campaign funding :P
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Wiki is back up and running.

THIS WILL NOT LAST

We will have a repeat of today's dead wiki experience pretty quickly. We'll need a volunteer to jump into the admin console of the wiki and delete as much spam as they can find!
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Spam? Isnt there any password on that Wiki? Might be a good idea to put something like that...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill