VOIP

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

VOIP

Post by Hitman47 »

it seems, I can't join any server except the Tactical gamer server when playing PR 0.75 unless my VOIP is turned off in the audio options. If I tick the "enbled" box in audio and then try to join a server same thing happens every time: I load in on the server, I click join game and immediately I get a: "There is a problem with your connection" sign and shortly after I?m disconnected from the server. Help plz! In PR VOIP is very important!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

From PR forums:

This problem is most likely caused VoIP and firewall interference. It occurs on populated servers when VoIP traffic is started between client and server. Because of server strain VoIP packets get delayed and thus recognized as DoS attack by some firewalls. To test whether it is VoIP related or not just simply switch off your VoIP in BF2 sound settings menu. If you don't get the error anymore you need to check your firewalls and test which one is blocking your VoIP traffic. Most likely it is the harware firewall of your router. You may need to try different routers to solve the problem.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr- ... ing-7.html -post#62 by fubar++

Looks like tacticalgamers are using an extra server for VOIP and that's why you don't have problems there, at the others VOIP is running on same servers as game...

The ports BF2 is using you'll find on page18 of manual...as you can play BF2 the windowsXP firewall already has BF2 as an exception or exclusion. If you're running another desktop firewall you should look how to open ports there, also if you're on a router with firewall RTFM ;-)