PR starting problem

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tsumetai_Ryujin

PR starting problem

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Our newest GC member has problem starting PR from desktop icon...

He doesn't have original BF2, but he installed with generated serial and he told me he can play on unranked servers... after that, he installed pr core and levels... when he started from desktop icon he got this message:

he never played BF2 other than yesterday few hours... and doesn't speak english very well (according to his sayings, never heard him over TS though) so I'm making this instead of him...

btw his nick is RIDER32 (Croat)
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

Edit see reason on my last post.

Stonie
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

We should really not promote nor show anyone how to load a game that is not paid for.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BF2 is $10 now?
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

BF2 isn't available at $10 for download anywhere that I could find. The only dl version is the 'complete collection' at $30. If I come across a box locally for $10 I'd pick it up and send Tsumy the key - but would that work?
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

BRUMMIE wrote:BF2 isn't available at $10 for download anywhere that I could find. The only dl version is the 'complete collection' at $30. If I come across a box locally for $10 I'd pick it up and send Tsumy the key - but would that work?
Yep, that's essentially what your paying for, the CD key. I also agree with VK, since our good friend Sushi is a media lawyer let's keep piracy support to a minimum.
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

Ebay germany price

Shows me that BF2 is dead
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

On behave of Sushi

www.global-conflict.org doesnot support the illgale use of software!!
Be noted that people are request not to reply to any questions regarding how to obtain, crack or use illigal software.

Its policy of www.global-conflict.org to respect the copy rights.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

A little bit of perspective is required, methinks. I'm not sanctioning piracy, because I have never ripped a cd or dl'd some music or brought home a pen from work or used a company vehicle on my own time without expressly declaring it to revenue services, or anything of that kind, as I am a saint. But, like I said lets keep some perspective.

The Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of an American is (according to the World Bank) $45,850 at Purchasing Power Parity. For a Croation it is $15,050 - yes us lucky NA's have 3 times the purchasing power. In real terms this means a Croation is working 3 hours for every hour we have to work to make the same kind of earnings. EA in its wisdom won't sell the basic $10 BF2 for download, instead it only sells the complete set for dl at $30.

This means the average Croation is paying the equivalent of $90 in PPI. Let me ask wether you would pay out that kind of money for the privilege of downloading it.

Ok I'm bored so I wanna argue :wink:
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

For the sake of argue then. Thread unlocked.

Well in the netherlands it cannot be illigal if you download games, movies, software or music.

We have an organisation called BUMA who makes sure that copyrights are payed. And we pay in several ways:
:arrow: We pay for the copyrights when we go to the movies
:arrow: We pay for the copyrights when we by an original in strore
:arrow: We pay for the copyrights, when we purchase empty DVD disk.
:arrow: We pay for the copyrights (a percentage) in our internet /TV subscribtion

We are allow to use copies for own use only. I am not allowed to share my copies or distribute them:
:arrow: On the internet
:arrow: Give copies to friemds / family
:arrow: In front of an audiance

So from my point of view, nothing illigal is happening.
However this is an international community, created by an citzin of the USA.
By my knowledge we have to stick to USA laws (right?).
I doubt it that the FBI will raid Tubesteak, but still I think we should respect the law.

On another note, I picked up a copy of BF2 for just 7 Euro.
If you take some effort the bargins are there. And if it is not available in your country, I am sure there are members you can work something out with to obtain a key.

discussion is open
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Just to clear up that error message: it just says: I can't find installed Special Forces (=xpack)

Another argument to buy Complete Collection... :D I already had a little conversation with Tsumi about how to get a bunch of packs for cheaper...it mustn't be ebäh :wink:

It's interesting that EA just released that Complete Collection as a Classic (Budget Series). But not in all countries. In Germany they didn't yet - all Budget Version sold are UK imports with english, french and german language....prolly they don't think BF2 is dead in germany - so let's milk the cash cow till BC2 for PC hits the shelves soon...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Wouldnt buy used key, could easily be a banned key.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

yep, we're talking bout buying new packs