Windows 7 RC1 and games

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Didn't even got the chance to install games 'cuz of the problems with some programs...

for instance; msn plus on msn live 8.5.1302 wont show any skin... I can't install volume panel for my soundblaster sound card, can't install setpoint for my keyboard and mouse... I can't get my HP C4580 printer working over wireless... ... I haven't gone any further with installing rest of the programs... :\
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote: can't install setpoint for my keyboard and mouse...
well of those problems, this is the only one I have experience with, and that is that my setpoint installed fine using the vista download from logitech.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

I had no probs getting all my HW stuff to run with Win7RC (7100), i even managed to install BF2 and PR, after fiddling with Punkbuster nearly an hour i managed to play a little, but had thus f******* map change CTD again, equal on which system (XP-pro1, XP-pro2, Win7), equal of whether patching or complete or having BF2, AF,EF, SF, patch1.41 completely new installed still this map change CTD - looks like that Net stuff is crap in latest PR...btw. i never had any issues with those PR versions before, could play 10hours in a row without any prob...

What i dislike most with win7 is the same i had with vista: it's my computer and i want to rule it - not the software or those marketing stoopids that make it work well for those that don't care and want animations and wallpapers but not for those who does - not having classic look and having extreme troubles just to set rights for opening my folders makes it a pain in the a+++ and MS is not going to see my money for that OS as it doesn't change...

oh yeees i'm p*****sed today ;-)
Update
Looks like i soved my map load CTD problem by fiddling with my shortcut abit and putting in the modpath argument...
Tsumetai_Ryujin

today I've installed win7 after all... and installed BF2 and PR... and then I've played some time with some of the GC guys... but then sudenly game crashed to desktop... and since then, after my loading completes and I get to "verifying data", game crashes... I've rebooted my computer but no difference...

does any1 have any idea?

btw how do I get windows live msngr out from task bar to system tray(otification area in down right corner)?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

theres an arrow next to the tray pointing up. click it and go to customize. then find the program and set it to "show icon and notifications"

as to bf2/pr, I have not installed it yet so can't help ya bud
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Tsumetai_Ryujin

there is no msngr icon inside that arrow...