ctd in FH2

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

ctd in FH2

Post by sushi »

Yesterday I was able to play FH2.2 without any problems, today I keep crashing to desktop on basically all the FH servers I join. sometimes while loading the maps sometimes ingame. I din't change any settings till yesterday nor install any updates.

Did they release a new patch ?(but than the same version button should do the trick.) PB is updated.
gomimin

Re: ctd in FH2

Post by gomimin »

Try to empty cache in Eigene Dateien/BF2/mods...FH changes the shaders with vanilla and rechanges - sometimes that doesn#t work right - just delete the folder cache
C11SCUM - Mandy
C12Panzerarmee Afrika Leutnant
C13 Neutral -Mercs
PR Team
-inactive- No BF modding = not buying - FUEA
B.I.A. for RS2V ?!?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

sushi25 wrote:Yesterday I was able to play FH2.2 without any problems, today I keep crashing to desktop on basically all the FH servers I join. sometimes while loading the maps sometimes ingame. I din't change any settings till yesterday nor install any updates.

Did they release a new patch ?(but than the same version button should do the trick.) PB is updated.
You jinxed me Sushi, same issue for me now except its happening in vanilla and SF2. Worked perfectly until yesterday (when you also started having the problem). It doesnt always CTD, but it seems like when I die or the map changes, I have a small chance of CTD. Sometimes I can go 3 or 4 rounds, other times not even a full round. I'm hoping its a PB issue at this point that is resolved with the next pb update.

Edit: Deleted cache, updated X-Fi sound drivers, set BF2 config to 59Hz. Not a single crash today. But I'm not holding my breath.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

hmmm, day 2 with no CTD...
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

same here, strange but yet satisfying - somehow ...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

PB does do stealth updates. Maybe one was bad and corrected the next. Pure guess, but I cant really pin down why other than the black box that PB is. Well, at least its a black box to me.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

I do a manual PB check/update each week - recommended ...