Forum Post Scroll Bar

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Forum Post Scroll Bar

Post by Shrapnel »

I don't know if this is something others experience or if it is just me.

If I write a post longer than the default size message window (so that it has to scroll) it jumps back to the top of the scroll bar while I type. This makes proof reading and editing a real pain in the butt. I have not experienced this problem on other forums.

The only software I run that may conflict (as far as I know) is the Logitech suite, but I need that to run the "G" keys on my G11.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
madcow
Executive
Executive

Re: Forum Post Scroll Bar

Post by madcow »

Just tried and it doesn't happen for me so the problem must be something on your end.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Running firefox here and no problems.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

running IE and it happens to me too. Same prob, but I thought it was just me and didn't want to post about it.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

You have pressed a certain key combo Shrap that does that.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Hmm... Any idea what that key combo is?
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Shrapnel wrote:Hmm... Any idea what that key combo is?
Don't know but it did happen to me too. The combo is something in the bottom left side of the keyboard-you pressing a combo there.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I googled it real quick, and so far the only "resolution" I've read is to stop using IE (in favor of other browsers). I'd like to try and reproduce the error - can you tell me what browser version you're using? Thanks :-)
Hi!
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

IE v8.0.6001.18904
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I'm using a default install of IE 8.0.7600.16385 (newer version number), on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I loaded up global-conflict.org and started a test thread... then populated the text box with gibberish until I got to the final line that fit inside the default text area. I tried just writing an regular sentence, and writing an extra long word (no spaces).. but in neither situation did the browser pop my view back to the top of the text box. I also tried in both compatibility mode and out of it.

Can you try opening IE with no add-ons and see if the problem persists? Its typically found in Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools. Can you make it happen here?

Try updates, maybe somewhere between our versions the problem was addressed?
Hi!