win7 + bf2 = ?

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

win7 + bf2 = ?

Post by Hitman47 »

got my new rig up and running, win 7 x64, everything working fine, already played some games, everything fine. so, now I try to instal bf2 with project reality. I put my cd in, instal bf2 no prob. I try to apply the 1.5 patch then, before instaling PR and when i do that the setup tells me it is unable to do that because I already have a newer version of BF2 installed! I'm like wtf, but ok, I trust you my setup message, so I go ahead and instal PR, and it won't even start. So, obviously the problem lies in the 1.5 patch for BF2 which I have to instal but it won't instal.

another thing, on my local C disc I have 2 program files folders, one is called "program files" other one is called "program files (x86)", what is that for? I instaled BF2 in the second folder.

thx guys once again for your help!

EDIT: prolly found the answer to my first question in another thread in this help forum:
matsif wrote:1.5 is an incremental only patch and therefore has to be done after 1.41 is applied.
D'OH!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: win7 + bf2 = ?

Post by .Sup »

One "program files" is for 64 bit software which you probably don't have any, the other is for 32 bit software so make sure your install path for BF2 is the X86 program files. And yes like matsif said 1.5 is only incremental.
rumsmurmel

Post by rumsmurmel »

hope to see you later mate on the field !!!
just remember TS3 + mumble and all the other very important tools :-D
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Not sure if you figured it out Hitman - as I recall you have to make sure you are running BF2 as administrator. Right click on your shortcut and set: run as administrator, or something along those lines. I went through this myself.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

I do believe the BF 1.5 patch requires a previous patch of BF 2 i think its 1.4 but dont quote me on that
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Robawillis wrote:I do believe the BF 1.5 patch requires a previous patch of BF 2 i think its 1.4 but dont quote me on that
matsif wrote:1.5 is an incremental only patch and therefore has to be done after 1.41 is applied.
quoting you anyways. we've been over this rob. lol :mrgreen:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died