Login: captcha not visible

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

Login: captcha not visible

Post by sushi »

When logging in from a different computer I get the following message after typing my username +pass (which I hope is correct)

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."

Thing is there is not Captcha visible, which makes it kind of hard to type the confirmation code. I tried Explorer, Firefox and Safari. (Scripts are be activated, so it should not be that)

Any ideas?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Re: Login: captcha not visible

Post by madcow »

Aha, good catch Sushi.

It seems that when the board was updated to its newest version the Dirtyboard style was not updated too so it lacked the code necessary to display the new CAPTCHA I put in the other day. I updated the Dirtyboard style to 3.0.8 with regards to the CAPTCHA so it should all be working now. :)

In doing so I had to edit a few different files so if you notice anything funky with the style that doesn't look how it should please tell me.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

1. Captcha visible now!

2. ARrrrrrrrrrrrr! I seem to have forgotten my GC password - or the whole thing has another flaw. I guess I have to keep trying ....
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I logged out and in again quite a few times today testing the CAPTCHA, I think you must have forgotten your password.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

ARRRRRRRRrrrrrrr.......
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

At times it is a good thing to have adminrights .... I changed my pass to one I (hopefully) will remember.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

madcow wrote:Aha, good catch Sushi.

It seems that when the board was updated to its newest version the Dirtyboard style was not updated too so it lacked the code necessary to display the new CAPTCHA I put in the other day. I updated the Dirtyboard style to 3.0.8 with regards to the CAPTCHA so it should all be working now. :)

In doing so I had to edit a few different files so if you notice anything funky with the style that doesn't look how it should please tell me.
Madcow, can you update the relevant thread in the board upgrade post I made in the Website Improvement forum? We'll want to keep track of this for future updates. Thanks!

Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=129&t=16324
Hi!