Offering help

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

FakeHealer

Offering help

Post by FakeHealer »

Who is responsible for the Wiki Pages?

I want contact him and do my best to get them up to date.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Offering help

Post by styphon »

Nobody in particular as far as I know. Everyone who wants to help can. We always need people to help organise the Wiki :). Tis a bit of a mess atm with so many campaigns condensed into 1 page.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

styphon wrote:Tis a bit of a mess atm ...
There are so many outdated tags as well.

I'll make up my mind to create a new structure. It'll be pretty cool if everything is cleaned up for the new bf3 campains.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

If you can help organize that information please do. Just please do not delete anything. Archiving is good, deleting is bad.

I know that the "Fair Play Rules" page needs to be recreated. It seems to have been lost since there are many links to it but no actual page. Please see Sushi's post in the Information and Announcments forum for content.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Fakehealer thanks very much for stepping forward. I just took a look at the Wiki for the first time in a long while and yes it is in serious need of help. It appears to me that any registered member can edit it (don't hold me to that) and that all edits are noted through logging in. Here is the Wiki cheatsheet Wiki Cheat Sheet. All of the intro's and basics could do with some work (e.g. Teamspeak set-up), of course anything to do with BF3 C1 will have to be done at a later date when the campaign rules etc. are set by the TA's and approved but it should be simple enough to reserve space for that. But anything prior to that please go ahead and tidy up/re-write/edit etc. It could prove to be a bit monotonous as it needs a lot of spelling/grammar and syntax edits. Looking at the recent edits you can see that Styphon has done quite a bit of work, so maybe you should co-ordinate with him as I'm not sure what he has been working on. All I would ask is that everything is preserved in some way. We don't want to lose any historical information. I guess it can be archived as long as access to the archive is preserved for all.

Finally please accept that there will be criticism, hopefully helpful - goes with the territory.

Thanks have fun and good luck with it.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

BRUMMIE wrote:... it needs a lot of spelling/grammar and syntax edits. ...

Finally please accept that there will be criticism, hopefully helpful - goes with the territory.

hell, I'm not an English native speaker, so this gonna be an interesting challenge.
I'll keep my spirits high and go through it.

I will discuss my ideas in upcoming posts as well. any criticism is helpful.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

FakeHealer wrote:

hell, I'm not an English native speaker, so this gonna be an interesting challenge.

Seriously? I thought you were an American, your English is outstanding
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

.Sup wrote:
FakeHealer wrote:

Seriously? I thought you were an American, your English is outstanding
I believe Fakehealer is Deutsch but yeah, his English is very good as is yours .Sup.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

madcow wrote:
.Sup wrote: Seriously? I thought you were an American, your English is outstanding
I believe Fakehealer is Deutsch but yeah, his English is very good as is yours .Sup.
aww thanks madcow. I write pretty well but talk like a Russian. Pronunciation...I remember my English teacher said I'm over emphasizing "R" when I read (I always had to read during classes, I've done like 90% of all reading) so it was like saying Rrrrussia.
Anyway kudos to FH, you really got me there bud. :D
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

BRUMMIE wrote:Fakehealer thanks very much for stepping forward. I just took a look at the Wiki for the first time in a long while and yes it is in serious need of help. It appears to me that any registered member can edit it (don't hold me to that) and that all edits are noted through logging in. Here is the Wiki cheatsheet Wiki Cheat Sheet. All of the intro's and basics could do with some work (e.g. Teamspeak set-up), of course anything to do with BF3 C1 will have to be done at a later date when the campaign rules etc. are set by the TA's and approved but it should be simple enough to reserve space for that. But anything prior to that please go ahead and tidy up/re-write/edit etc. It could prove to be a bit monotonous as it needs a lot of spelling/grammar and syntax edits. Looking at the recent edits you can see that Styphon has done quite a bit of work, so maybe you should co-ordinate with him as I'm not sure what he has been working on. All I would ask is that everything is preserved in some way. We don't want to lose any historical information. I guess it can be archived as long as access to the archive is preserved for all.

All my edits are on pages not advertised to the public. It's documenting the creation of the ABC mod that me and goggles are creating.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

deutsch is correct. :mrgreen:
styphon wrote: All my edits are on pages not advertised to the public. It's documenting the creation of the ABC mod that me and goggles are creating.
I was afraid of exposing internal website structure to hackers.
but nevertheless everyone who can log in has full access to the wiki.
the idea is good to document your work for future generations.