Origin problems since b2k is life

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

Origin problems since b2k is life

Post by sushi »

I am one of the proud and unhappy masses having problems with origin since the b2k went online. Following the battlelog forums folks are only complaining atm without having a work around.

Ppls keep posting that EA is currently conducting a maintenance - which would not explain why some of our members are able to play, since origin doesn't seem to be totally down... :?
j0n3s

Re: Origin problems since b2k is life

Post by j0n3s »

You should be able to play BF3 even when Origin has no connection.

Try to browse to: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ and join a game.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Battlefield 3 - Origin Experiencing Login Problems
Dec 13 2011 18:26:37 by Killing

There are currently major problems with Origin logins effecting all titles that rely on Origin.

EA are aware of the issue and are working to resolve the issue ASAP.

Battlefield 3 - R14 Server Update
Dec 13 2011 18:26:23 by liv3d

DICE have released an R14 server update & asked all GSP's update the servers straight away.

This patch should fix players getting kicked with the error message 'Missing Content' when connecting to some servers.

This roll out will start @ 18:30 GMT / 19:30 CET.

We know this is the worse possible time to roll out an update & are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Battlefield 3 - Crash Debugging
Dec 13 2011 16:41:27 by Cl0ne

Due to the increase in crashes in the latest patches for Battlefield 3 we are implementing a debugging system that will give us more details regarding what's causing these crashes to pass onto DICE in order to get this resolved.

All BF3 Servers will restart for this implementation.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Battlefield 3 - B2K "Game Content Not Found" & Servers Crashes
Dec 13 2011 14:59:27 by Killing

First off for players seeing the error "Game Content Not Found" DICE have identified the problem and are working on a fix.

We are also seeing a higher crash rate than with the last version. We have sent crash dumps to DICE and they are investigating.

Hopefully we will see a fix for both issues soon.

Battlefield 3 - R13 Server Update
Dec 13 2011 10:31:23 by Killing

We're in the process of installing the R13 server patch your server may go offline in this time. Please do not restart your server in ClanForge as this can cause issues in the patching process.

LOL, providers are having to run it in debug mode. Cant get more beta than this.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

So... I guess I should probably not expect to be able to play this when I get home from work tonight, eh?
Hi!
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Goggles wrote:So... I guess I should probably not expect to be able to play this when I get home from work tonight, eh?
I played 5 or so rounds on two different servers of Karkand/Wake and I had no issues.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The servers were a little laggy when I got in. Thinking its the debug mode.

But cant play BF3 without Origin so until thats fixed...
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I was able to play some this morning. Interestingly enough the battlelog page is still featuring the

"We are performing maintenance on the game in general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress. " notice ...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BF3 - R15 (Crash fix)
Dec 14 2011 16:55:06 by Deehem

We are in the process of rolling out the latest BF3 server revision (R15). This latest version is released with intent to fix the insane crash rate from the previous R14 version.

All BF3 servers will be restarted whilst this is rolled out.

Battlefield 3 Stability - 64 Player Servers
Dec 14 2011 10:28:04 by Dentist

DICE have asked us to advise all customers that running a 64 player server with higher than normal slot counts is likely to see the server crash before it reaches the end of the level.

When a server crashes it means all the score up to that point is lost meaning many players will invest high levels of time for no points reward.

We echo this advise, and suggest customers keep any 64 player servers down to default ticket rates to improve stability.

We hope DICE will resolve the crash problems soon and we're working with them around the clock to feedback causes for crashes in the hope they have a resolution soon. We thank you for your patience.

BF3 - Crash Advice
Dec 14 2011 10:27:34 by Deehem

Due to the recent crashes in the latest version of BF3, DICE recommend not running 64 slot servers with any tickets more than the standard amount (1000 tickets, etc). This advice is in place as it's likely a round will not finish before a server crash occurs and players that invest a significant amount of game time may not be rewarded with score / ranks.

We would like to assure customers DICE are working closely with RSP's to resolve these crashing issues.
Basically they are saying the server is/was likely to crash. More tickets made it a certainity.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

October or should I say Decemberlagfest