Battlefield 3 wont launch

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

fittyman

Battlefield 3 wont launch

Post by fittyman »

I can't get BF3 to launch. It worked fine 5 hours ago, but now it wont start up through Origin. If I go to the Battlelog site manually and try and join a server it just says "Joining server" forever. It never actually joins.

I have tried the "repair installation" and it says everything is fine.

Any ideas?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield 3 wont launch

Post by styphon »

Have you tried running both BF3 and Origin in admin mode?
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

styphon wrote:Have you tried running both BF3 and Origin in admin mode?
I did.

I ended up deleting the BF3.exe and the Installer folder along with my data folder. That way it was forced to repair it and update the game. I have no idea why it worked, or even how it got to the point of broken but I at least have it working again.
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

Same usually happens to me when I can't log on to origin due to EA servers being down or something. Are you able to log on to origin? Make sure you are not on offline mode.
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

Has your game crashed and the n it wouldnt start up anymore ?

Sometimes when BF3 crashes its still open in the task manager and sometimes battlelog gives a warning about it, and sometimes it doesnt.

If its still open in the taskmanager close it down.

And yes, as stated by Airborne, the game no work without EA servers being down... :evil: .

Where are the gold old LAN-party able games! :(
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

I have it fixed now. I just deleted the majority of the files and had Origin repair the game.

When I last played the game I got the "You were disconnected from EA" error message. It's possible it was left running in the background? I never honestly looked to check. Something to look for it ever happens again
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

I actually found if I have BF3 set to run as administrator origin will not launch it. Haven't tried doing both as administrator, only BF3. When I disable it battelog loads fine.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:I actually found if I have BF3 set to run as administrator origin will not launch it. Haven't tried doing both as administrator, only BF3. When I disable it battelog loads fine.
Yea, if you set BF3 to run as admin you have to set Origin to run as admin too so that Origin can launch it.